Nevin shifted, straightening his back as she explained to them her plan. It was more than he could have hoped for - even a few days of training with someone who was actually skilled in combat would give him a basis to learn off of - that was how he had trained himself in alchemy to this point, and he felt that he was fairly accomplished in that regard. He bowed to his head to her.

"For myself, Lady, that is more than agreeable. Four days of training is more than I have had so far, and I will put everything I have into learning what you offer. I...there is a place that I wish to see destroyed, and getting started on making me capable of helping in that will suit me quite well. I can only hope that I will be able to accomplish the test you set before me." And he did hope that he would be successful in this. Being able to defend himself would be a huge help - it was starting to become problematic, that he was left to fumble and desperately fight to achieve any hope of victory, when others were actually trained. It would also make his exploration much easier to accomplish - not having to worry about random animal or bandit attacks would be a huge help.

He didn't know what Sketch's overall goal was - he knew the man wanted to learn more about the beings he summoned, but would knowing how to fight help in that regard? Still. It would be nice to have at least one face he recognized somewhere on the ship - Lady Philomel was somewhat friendly, but until he had finished his tutelage under her he wouldn't dare get too close. Aside from her, he had already seen that at least one of these warrior women - that ....why does that remind me of something? - did not care for him at all. Sketch being here to take some of the attention off of him would....help his sanity, he felt.