Hybrid View

EXP: 5,071, Level: 3
    Level completed: 2%, EXP required for next Level: 3,929
    Level completed: 2%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,929

GP

Name
    Sketch
    Sketch thought the boy’s question over for a few minutes. Eventually he spoke up, “Let me ask you, Fenn. In today’s situation, was Nevin a “bad guy”? Had he wronged you in anyway? From what I’d heard, he’d tried to help you when you’d gotten sick, correct? Eventually, stealing, even from bad people, grows into a habit that is hard to break. There are many stories about people going so far to punish people that they in turn become just as bad as the villains they set out to punish.”

“Please don’t think me harsh or judgemental, lad. I don’t mean to talk down to you, I just need you to know both that you are more than the situations in which you find yourself, and that how you act impacts others. You had no idea what that potion did correct? What if that man had bought that vial from you, but it was in fact something dangerous, like foxglove-it’s use can be medicinal in the right dosage, but lethal in large amounts. Now think forward a bit, if your shopkeeper friend managed to sell it as your “unicorn blood,” to someone who was trying to regain their vitality. Like an elderly person. That situation could easily have occured, or something like it.” Sketch gave a slight frown.

“You have a great amount of skill son, if you were able to take a bottle off of a shelf like that with no one noticing. But that skill needs to be tempered with wisdom. If this was some evil baron or a man who beat his wife on occasion, then you should use the gains you stole to help people rather than line your own pockets, or else your just doing it to help yourself, and no better than the person you stole it from.” Sketch nodded to Nevin, hoping that his statement would be an answer for Nevin too.

“Now, if it’s pranking, or mild mischief, that I can fully endorse. Just as long as no one could get seriously injured, that’s when I have to draw the line. And yes, that includes Nevin, as his potions are how he makes a living, and his reputation allows him to help innocent people.” Sketch tried to give a smile to let some of the tension ease in the conversation.

The waitress brought over the food, including Nevin’s sweet bread and water. Sketch looked to the boy and said “I have a situation where my body consumes more calories than normal, so I always order more than I need. Feel free to help yourself if you want any extra.” Sketch said and began to dig in.
    Last edited by The Crooked Knight; 10-30-2017 at 03:33 PM.