Leila lost count after the tenth burn, when he had said all the times she had defied him she didn’t think he meant actually every single time. Her throat was raw from the screams and sobs. She was half out of it when her mother and Josh broke into the room.

“Jo-josh…” His name left her lips as she tried to get up from the fetal position she had put herself in.

The flesh around her back was tight as she cried out in pain. In mere seconds Josh was at her side using his ice powers to soothe and treat the brandings. With each ice poultice she whimpered, it was painful but also soothing.

She started to shiver uncontrollably, “the babies.” Her lips quivered rapidly her eyes bloodshot, tears trickled down her cheeks. She laid shaky hands on her swollen stomach. “Please be okay, please tell me they are okay..”

She looked towards Breaker, her unique orbs wide with fear. Her breathing was shallow as she tried to calm herself down. “She’s going into shock,” Simone pulled the knife from Ranja’s neck and ripped the necklace from his neck.

Quickly she was at her daughter’s side, soothing her gnarled tendrils out of her face. “Sh look at me, your babies are going to be fine I promise.” Breaker was silent during the entire ordeal but he placed a soft hand to her wet cheek.

“They are strong like their mother,” his voice was deep and rough.

Leila nodded slowly as Breaker helped her stand up, she hissed in pain as the prized fighter looked at her as if he was in physical pain himself.

“Are you both okay,” Leila looked them over as best as she could.

“Don’t worry about us, we just need to get you and your soul reunited and your children to safety.” Simone smiled softly.

“How are we going to get the other piece of my soul from the King?” Leila had a valid question as her mother slipped the necklace over her head. The shard of her soul lit up slightly, Leila could feel a small wave of energy wash over her.

The feeling of small fish swimming in her womb made her jump slightly. “I- I think I felt the babies move, is that possible?” She looked at her mother both surprised as happy.

“Anything is possible with your royal blood and his genetically advanced genes.” Simone smiled as Lelia glanced back at Breaker.

“Let’s get the rest of my soul and go home,” she offered him a soft smile.