...Sweetheart?

The kenku thought that Ezra was Nevin's significant other? Well, that was certainly a long jump in their current relationship with the alchemist. But how would a human respond to such a statement? They didn't think they would be angry; Nevin was a gentleman through and through of what they had seen and he would likely make an ideal mate for any of the village women who fancied him.

Which were quite a lot, from what the homunculus had seen.

Feeling upset wasn't quite right, either. Ezra had no desire of entering that sort of relationship with the man currently; very likely they would never reach the point of desiring a romantic partner. Ezoreth had never desired such companionship, so it would make sense that once all of their memories had returned they would not want such relations either. Being joyous was wrong as well, so what does one do when they are confused about how to respond?

"Ha. Ha ha. Ha ha ha ha ha."

The laugh came out flat and somewhat forced, and Ezra began to fiddle with their long hair braid in hopes of destressing from the complications of social responses. "No, I am not currently in that sort of relationship with Nevin. He is my friend and mentor, but I do not have those kinds of feelings for him, or anyone for that matter. And it is good that he has other friends. He can be rather aloof and it does not seem to exemplify good mental health practices. Although I do not understand why you have to apologize to him? Were you working when you met with him?"

They paused for a long moment in an attempt to think, then tilted their head in minor confusion before righting themselves once more. "Ah yes, sorry. I got distracted by my analyzing of your need to apologize that I ignored your other question. I will gladly prepare more tea for you, Stare. Are there any questions you have for me, or may I ask another? I have quite a few regarding your physiology and culture, but I do not wish to be an impolite host and smother you with inquiries." They stated as they moved to refill the kettle with water and get a new fire started. "I have come to understand that I learn somewhat better as an observer and that sometimes my questions are... less than appropriate in a social setting. I do try to mind my manners, but it is rather difficult when you cannot remember what your manners are expected to be."