Instead, he just kept quiet as Stare led him back to where their mounts were. He staggered a bit when they reached the chocobos, because Rai decided to show his appreciation for Nevin’s return by headbutting the man squarely in the middle of his chest. Nevin snagged the side of the feisty bird’s bridle to stay upright, glaring through the blindfold at Rai.

Stare kept her eyes forwards, her heart still racing like it was ready to explode. Carefully as she could she batted Rai away and helped her friend onto the riding birds. Once done she swung herself up to the patient Sen, who huffed a greeting but acted like a ‘proper chocobo’ should. Taking Rai’s reigns and hers in hand she led the group of them away from the stables and out onto the street. For a while she strode in silence until they were a decent way from the Guard House, and had rounded a corner enough for it to be out of view.

But never out of mind. Stare truly pitied the one who was subject to Vitruvion’s fury right now. It was the worst thing about him, and she could only count her blessings that it was no longer her.

“Right,” she said softly, and she pulled the birds to a halt. Angling her body around she spoke louder. “Nevin, you can … take it off now. We can head back to the House or the … pub?” she smiled uneasily before passing the reins back to him.

She waited until she could see the dark red eyes and the crimson hair again. Though her fear was still plain in her eyes, her heart methodically began to relax in pace again. After all, it was not her, she had no reason to be afraid. Vitruvion was more likely to kill anyone who beat her, let alone do it anymore himself. Aside from when she disobeyed him.

“Either way,” she said, calmer, “You have helped much. Thank you. Truly.”

Nevin reached out and squeezed her shoulder, offering support as he nodded. When she seemed relatively calm her pulled back, swatting Rai on the back of the head as the chocobo twisted its neck back to bump against him again. He couldn't tell if the ruddy bird was being affectionate or ornery. After his mount subsided, he looked over to Stare.

“I'm glad to have been of help to you my friend. Now. I could rest, or I could drink. Sadly those little sandwiches were hardly filling, so wherever we go I'll need some food.” His lips twisted into a grin as he stretched out. Then his expression tightened a bit.

“I thought I had cleaned out the corruption in the Church of Crimson. It seems my work isn't done in that regard. Thankfully there isn't one of those Cobalt-taken Scarlet Servants here this time - Vitruvion or I would have noticed if one had taken up residence in the city. So. Where shall we go?” The redhead shook himself abruptly, shaking off the dark musings he had fallen into, and raised an eyebrow at Stare.