Stare blinked, halfway through cutting her pork and looked at Blaze.

" what everyday?" she grunted.

The faerie-elf's eyes were large and her features had a demanding expression. Stare noticed that she had a much blunted knife than the rest of them, and her fork had smaller spines. It was then she was conscious of the dagger at her belt and thanked the kami then that she wore it on her opposite hip.

"This," Blaze gestured with a stressed look at the food, the room, Vitruvion's goblet. "This is how you live now?"

Remembering that Blaze was here after requesting what had become of her, Stare paused and then shrugged before pecking off meat from her fork. She did her usual back swallow, her beak far longer a mouth than a humanoid one. Blaze looked appauled.

"And I used to like you."

"If you're moaning about the fact I'm here not there anymore," Stare answered quietly, "Then I understand, but can't do anything about it."

"About what? About living better than us? About helping us?"

"And this comes from the woman who told me repetitively to accept what I was down there and be nicer to him," Stare hissed.

Blaze stared at her with utter disbelief, then suddenly stabbed her food and shoved it into her mouth.

"Bitch," she spat.

"Nice to see you too," Stare replied dryly.

There was a pause. Across from Stare the rumblings of the elf and god continued, speaking of the business concerning the Mercenary training facility that Raevin operated part time. They seemed entirely occupied, and without any change in tone or pace of speech Vitruvion lifted his goblet and held it back out to Stare. She paused, seeing it empty already and grunted, taking it to refill it.

"I think she's a bitch too."

Stare raised her eyes as the red liquid flowed from the decanter. Mer was sitting there, her hands pausing on her cutlery, gaze at Blaze. A soft smile played across the female elf's lips.

The faerie-elf paused, and glared. "You're also part of the problem," she scalded.