This thing was tough, I couldn't deny that. I had gotten in close enough to start hacking at the thing with the broad of my sword. I was peeling strips away - but this thing was still standing, still battering away at me. My arm was numb at this point - I had managed to hack one of its hands off so there were only attacks coming from the one side, but even so - well. It was a tall mother fucker, and even with one hand gone, he hit like an ogre.

But. He didn't hit as often as he would like. Dodging the swings of big, heavy hitting bastards was nothing new to me. He swung down, and I rolled out of the way - and his arm stuck in the ground. I grinned, savagely. This was what I had waited for - I gripped my sword in both hands and swung, hard. The blade bit in, deep, and stuck. The damn thing reeled back immediately, ripping my sword away with it.

OH, alright you woody mother fucker. You want to take my sword? That's fine. I still have lightning fucker. I snatched my chime from my belt and began chanting, the recitation tumbling hard and fast from my lips. Lightning crackled into life around me the warm glow of a sun captured in a bolt of energy - and it leapt forward crashing into the tree again. Another chant, another prayer to a nameless king deposed of his throne, and lightning heeded my call once more, ripping out and slamming into the iron arrow shoved into its side.

There was a strange popping noise - and the fucker exploded in my face, ending me flying backwards as he burst. I lay on the ground, staring upwards for a minute. That was painful. I looked down to see long splinters of wood piercing through my clothes in many places, faint trails of darker than dark blood dribbling down from them. If I had been a mortal man - well. I probably would have died of shock then and there.

As it was, no rest for the dead. Or undead, I suppose. I staggered to my feet, shoving the wave of pain to the back of my head, and looked around for Avin. I didn't see him, though I did see that the boar was dead, his glaive laying near it. Oh dear, had he been killed and his weapon discarded? I'd have to hold onto it for him until the next time I saw him, maybe fig-

The boar was moving. Sweet flame, the boar was moving. I let out a loud groan. I didn't think I could kill that thing now, not without a dose of Estus to refresh me. But I was damn sure going to try, if I didn't, then it might track us back to the village. So I found where my sword had ended up and picked its sap covered length up, gripping it as tight as I could as I slowly made my way over to the beast, which was still trying to stand.

Then I noticed what looked like legs sticking out from under the thing. I let out a sharp laugh - he really did have an Undead's knack for trouble. I dropped my sword to one side and helped him move the dead beast from his form - and the bird fucker was laughing his head off. I slumped down against the still warm carcass of the dire boar, and joined in his laughter.