Several hours earlier
Eteri had been wandering the town, she spent the last few days messing around in the forest. Hunting and catching fish, playing in the river, climbing and sleeping in trees. She even found a small bandit camp and took their meat skewers. The catgirl licked her lips at the memory. All in all it had been a relaxing couple of days. She adored Nevin but she needed to get out and stretch her legs.

She had her fun, she got to let out some steam, now she was returning to Nevin so she could tell him all about her adventures. Especially the big bald bandit man. He was funny. What was it about shaved men and their pulsating angry heads?

“Ah Miss! Without your partner today?”

“Eh?” Eteri turned to see a familiar face. A man who was only about a head shorter than Nevin. He wasn’t in his work attire, but instead wore a clean pressed black suit,shirt and tie combo. His blonde tousled hair and bright blue eyes were a stark contrast to the midnight attire. The waiter from the day Nevin decided to...ah...well. Eteri shook her head to clear it of such thoughts. “Seeing Nevin now!” She said happily. “Remember you. From Restaurant. Me seeing man that was with me.”

“I see…” His eyes lifted up to glance around. “So you are completely alone?”

Eteri furrowed her brows. “Not alone. Have Nevin.” Her face scrunched up as realisation struck it. “Oh! You mean now!” Eteri looked around, there wasn’t really anyone talking to her but him. “Just you.” She said.

His smile grew. “Ah. That’s a shame, well. For you.” his voice took on a mischievous tone. “Not for me, you see...I’ve been waiting to see you again. Here… my name is Stefan, and yours?” He reached out to her as though to take her hand in greeting.

“Eteri!” She exclaimed as she reached out to shake his hand.

Stefan’s grip on her hand tightened and he pulled her taut toward him. “No…” He said. “You’re mine

“What?” Eteri went to pull away from him. Suddenly not liking this man at all. She should have seen the warning...his soul was a miasma of black and red, but she was trying hard not to judge people on their souls lately...especially after meeting Nevin and Ezra. “Let go!” She opened her mouth to scream out to Nevin (despite him being nowhere in sight) but Stefan twirled her around and clasped his hand over her mouth. “Shhh...it’s much more satisfying for you -if you don’t fight.” He purred.

Eteri squirmed and tried to knee him but he held fast. He pulled out a thin chained necklace with a red stone in it, with a single hand he fumbled with it, trying to place it around her neck. Eteri continued to writhe in his grip. She couldn’t tell what was wrong with the seemingly innocent jewellery but it oozed with the same thick black that belonged to Stefans soul.

After a few futile struggles Stefan managed to get the necklace onto Eteri. She broke into a run and he followed her in a jovial gait. Humming happily to himself.

Eteri had to get to Nevin. She had to find him and tell him something was wrong. She could feel something terribly wrong course through her body, like a thin binding magic unseen to the human eye. She rounded the corner. There...his shop was right...there…

Her run slowed to a walk as her limbs grew heavy she came to a stop just before reaching his store. Her heart ached. He was right there, right there! Nevin...please look out your window...see me… help me…

Eteri stiffened when she heard Stefan’s rhythmic footsteps and the melodic sound of his hum. “Ah, there we go - took a bit longer than expected.” He mused as he approached her from behind. “It looks lovely on you. Since you’re a cat, I should really add a collar.

Eteri glared at him. “W-what is this?”

“This?” Stefan asked as he pointed to the red stone around her neck. “It’s to bind you to me, you’re mine little one.” He leaned down. “You’re a pretty thing. I can’t wait for you to join the gallery.”

Eteri blinked. Gallery? Artwork? What was he….on...about…

Her head bagan to grow heavy, she wobbled and had to balance herself.

“Mm yes.., that’ll happen as it seeps into your mind. Now…” Stefano glanced up at the shop. “Isn’t that where your little lover lives?” Eteri refused to answer.

“Answer me. Is that where Nevin lives?”

“Yes.” The word left her lips before she could stop it.

“Good...I’m going to get you to leave him, and I’ll show you just how to do it…”

PRESENT TIME

After seeing that look in his eyes and hearing what could only be heartbreak in his voice. It tore at Eteri. She wanted to go back there, she wanted to scream at him that there was something wrong. Why hadn’t he noticed?

Tears stung her eyes as her feet moved her to return to Stefans side. “Ah, you seem to be upset, little pet.” He commented as he roughly wiped the tears away from her eyes. “What ever is wrong with you?”

“Eteri want die…” She whined, after hurting him like that - after knowing that she could very well be the cause of his death. Eteri didn’t want that.She wanted Nevin to be happy. Maybe it’d be good if he just forgot about her.

“Die? Oh. Well yes. That will happen soon. I suppose that’s what happens when your very life is what powers that demonic little gem you’re wearing.” Stefan said as he placed a hand on the mid of Eteri’s back. He was delighted, and didn’t seem at all troubled by the pain around him. “Come now pet. Stop fighting. Give into the influence and I promise you, it’ll be quite blissful for you.”

He started to hum happily again, “Now...lets get you a collar to match my cute, little, artwork of a pet.”