It took a moment for Nevin to process that the figure rushing at him from the settling dirt cloud was Felicity. His immediate reaction, thought, had been that some remnant of the golem had survived, and was lashing out with one final attack. His threads had bunched up, preparing to defend him - when he recognized the frightened, concerned girl. Crimson threads shivered and retreated as the girl approached, and laid her hand on his shoulder. She said something, but the sweet singing of his blood was drowning out any words. It was - it was something Nevin hadn't dealt with in a while, his own blood being spilled.

Usually he was able to avoid being cut. He had long ago learned that his magic was entranced with his own blood, and he had yet to run across anything else that sang as loudly as it. It was almost overwhelming, the tempo that sang of possibilities, magic, healing, empowering, twisting and nurturing and decaying and shiftingbackandofrthandthecyclethatneverends -

"-didn't hurt you." Nevin snapped back to reality, to focus, as Felicity spoke again, bringing his thoughts back to the earth. He blinked at her a few times, trying to process what she had said - he had been hurt yes, he was bleeding actively, and he knew that Felicity was apt enough to know that, so what had she asked? NHo, she hadn't hurt him - had she lost herself in her rage in that fight, and feared that she had hurt him? No, no, just his own magic and that golem. He shook his head once, trying to answer her - when the cheering started. His eyes snapped up and circled around them, as the alchemist realized that the people that the golem had chased out of the mines were slowly circling around them , lifting their arms up and shouting in relief and happiness.

And then he was being hugged. That made Nevin blink and look down at the girl clinging to him, burying her face against his dirt and blood stained armor. Nevin wrapped an arm around her shoulders and stood there, rocking her back and forth as he looked around, his brain finally catching up to everything. He stroked Felicity's hair gently with one hand, hiding the grimace at the face that he was rubbing dirt and grime into her hair, but he knew that she needed the reassurance.

"Fel, Felicity. I'm fine. I'm fine, kid. Really. I've been through a lot, lot worse." He chuckled a bit morbidly. "I'm more concerned about you - that thing didn't hit you, did it?" He thought he had prevented her from being hurt -and she wasn't bleeding, at least not externally. He looked her over, but from what he could see she was holding up alright. That was a relief. He didn't know just how badly he would have obliterated this core if Fel had been hurt -

"Excellent! Thank you so much, now we can get back to work!" Eotype. Nevin's blood ran hot for a moment, then ice cold. His smile of relief that Felicity was fine vanished, replaced by a very, very unpleasant, hungry grin. The sweaty, fat man was blustering back, trying to push through people - and Nevin could see that the people around him were immediately quailing away, and it looked like it wouldn't be long before he started bullying people into listening to him.

Nevin was not going to have any of that. And he knew, the little redhead in his arms wouldn't either. "Hey, Fel. I think someone needs to be run out of town." The blood mage cracked his neck, the sound reverberating oddly loudly, and wetly. His arm still around the teen's shoulder, Nevin began striding towards Eotype, who froze - because Nevin had not bothered retracting his threads, and there was a fair amount of them squirming about in the air, weaving back and forth. Not counting the ones still wrapped around the golem core, holding onto it and away from the ground.

"Ahem." The fat man turned towards Nevin, whose unpleasant grin widened. "I do believe, that my sister has a few words she'd like to say to you. And I do advise you listen to them, or my own patience will run out."