One thing was certain. The river was cold. Nevin slowly stood up, water cascading down his body, his hair now hanging in wet, limp straggles that were dripping wet. He splashed out of the river and turned a solid stare in Eteri’s direction, who was still grinning.

“Hey Eteri, come give me a hug.” He spread sopping wet arms wide and began advancing on her. His white shirt clung to his body and it was hard for him to walk in the waterlogged pants but still he did it, advancing towards his girlfriend with a teasing grin on his face.

“Nope. Can’t. Left something up there…” She eyed the tree and made a run for it, darting up into the branches as Nevin laughed. She watched as he shook his head with a smile and carefully peeled his shirt off and draped it on the sunny rock she had shown him, then sat down beside it.

“I would trip off my pants too, to avoid getting sick, but I don't know how many other people come out here.” He said as he began working at a string in his hair. When it came undone the hair rolled out of the tail, and he shook his head side to side, sending a shower of droplets through the air.

“IS ok! Taking them off!” He heard her call from atop the tree. With a loud laugh he complied, shucking the wet garments off and laying them out beside the shirt before laying back.

“Enjoying the view?” He called out, a grin on his face.

“Very much yes. Liking the look of you.”

Now that he wasn’t so soaked Nevin noticed her slowly stalk down the tree and he grinned before patting the rock beside him. “Come on, why don't we just lay here for a bit? The sun is rather nice.”

Eteri complied and stretched before laying down next to him, and he tucked one arm under her cradling her head off the rock.

“Is you happy now?” She asked. He rolled his head to look at her, and gave her a soft kiss.

“I am. You're here. That's about the happiest I'll ever be.” He hugged her into his side, then laid his head back. The sun was warm, and while he wasn't dry he was getting there and his girlfriend was curled into his side. Things were.. Good again. Very good.

The first thing that Nevin noticed was that except for his side where there was something of a weight laying half sprawled on top of him, he was rather cold again. He opened his eyes and realized with a start that the sun had gone down. When had he fallen asleep? A glance downwards had his face soften - Eteri was laying mostly on top of him, and his arms were wrapped around her holding her to his chest. She must have noticed he was shivering and tried to keep him warm.

He tightened his hold on her as he laid back and looked around the clearing. The cave - well. That was truly a sight to behold. Without the sunlight masking it, Nevin could now see a array or softly glowing purple lights inside. There must be a hole deeper in the cave that light was coming in through and the light now emanating forth was something to behold.

He dropped his head back - he couldn't bear to try waking Eteri, not yet. She was calm now, but it wasn't the strange calmness, the quiet restraint that she had been practicing. No this was her calm, and asleep. That other one - that wasn't right. He was the calm, steady one in this relationship, not her. She was his bundle of energy and life, cheering him up more than he thought possible.

His arms tightened for a moment, enough that Eteri stirred a little, and he relaxed before she woke up. This moment, this happy, quiet, warm moment with her, this was his, and no one could take that away. He closed his eyes and gaged himself. They slowly opened, dark determination burning inside.

“You were right, Eteri. That badness would never think to give up its life force for someone else. As long as I can still do that, I'm still me.” His voice was the softest of whispers. When she didn't stir, slender burning red threads emerged from his chest and slid beneath her dress collar, sliding down to where he had connected before. Another slow, gentle push, and more of his essence flowed into her. He didn't do a lot this time - he had seen the worried glances she had given him, and knew he'd overdone it. Subtlety was key, here. So he only gave a portion of himself before pulling back, and massaging her hips.

“Eteri, honey, it's time to wake up. I think we’re doing some nighttime fishing instead.” There was a teasing note to his voice.