It burned...it burned… I clawed at my body. Trying to put out the fire. Why? Why was I burning so much. Why could I barely move my body. I didn’t want this...I didn’t want this pain...please someone take it away from me.

I felt something warm and I struggled to focus. His scent was familiar though...and the way he held me. “N-Nevin…” I choked as I struggled to reach out to him. He’d help...he always did...he always did what I asked.

“K-kill me.” I pleaded. I wanted to die, my body burned and I could barely breathe. Tears dotted my eyes and everything was so heavy. “Please...please...please kill me….” I begged him as my hands finally found their way to his clothing.

I felt warm threads wrap around me, sliding against my skin, enveloping me - was he? He was? But no - they comforted me instead of strangled me, cocooning me in warmth and his scent as his arms tightened. Was he - he looked angry, but was crying?

A part of me screamed, in the deep recesses of my mind it screamed in an unrelenting fury that threatened to split my skull. It demanded that I take Nevin, but I already had him, right?

STop FiGhting

StOp ReSiStiNg

I whimpered and pressed my head into his chest and took a trembling sigh. It was right...the feeling was right I had to stop so the pain would stop. I took a few deep trembling breathes and tried to… focus on….nothing…

….that did feel better. My claws dug into Nevn’s form and I could feel my claws pierce his skin, droplets of his blood ran down my fingers and it felt oddly satsfying. “N-Nevin…” My voice sounded strained. “L-let me have it back.” I wasn’t sure why I said those words or what ‘it’ was but I needed it to feel whole.

Nevin didn't seem to respond to my words at first but I felt him tremble under my fingers. “Stop that. I know you hear me. If you hurt her, you'll never get anything from me.” Why…. Why did Nevin sound so angry? So cold? But his arms around me were so warm…

I didn’t understand his words. I withdrew my hands away from him afraid that he didn’t want me near him. Was he talking about Ayaka? Why would I hurt her.

“No honey, not you, you're fine. If it relaxes you, dig your claws in. I can handle it.” His voice was tight.

“Feel...strange…” I mumbled. Wasn’t this meant to help me? Where was the priest? Why was Nevin here in this holy place? “What going on?” I asked as I tried to focus. Now I had stopped fighting I was beginning to feel better...feel more aware of things. Of Nevin, of Ayaka who was tending to the priest of his tendrils wrapped tightly around me. Of his…

I licked my lips and pressed my face to the crook of his neck. Of his magic. I could taste it on the air and it was good.

“Eteri-honey. Stay with me. The priest messed up the ritual because he didn't know what he was poking. Eteri, stop…. Stop licking me.” Nevin's voice was strained. I was licking him? Oh. But his skin tasted of his magic. I didn't want to stop. “No.” I said. “Like this.” I said, continuing to lap at his skin. I could feel it crawling with what was hidden underneath. “Is ok.... Will all be ok…” I mumbled as I shut my eyes. My tail flicked contentedly side to side.

“Now you here. All is good.”

There was a deep breath, and threads wrapped around my head and gently pulled it away. Nevin's eyes were full of concern as he looked at me. “I told you I would be here for you, Eteri. Are you OK in your head? You can talk in Akashiman, love.”

I blinked. Was I...ok in my head? <”Yes… I was hurting lots and it felt like I was on fire. I feel...weak and my body is heavy but I think that is from the drink I had yesterday.”> I offered him a small smile. <”I’m beginning to feel better already.”>

<”Damn Fucking lie that is.”> Ayaka snapped from behind me, I swung my head around to see her standing over us with her arms crossed over her chest. Her lips turned downward. I narrowed my eyes and clutched Nevin tighter. She wasn’t going to go near him.

“How bad is it?” Nevin? What? How bad is what? His arms tightened around me as his threads slowly began uncurling. What? No! I wanted them around me! Why was he taking them away. They made me feel warm, and safe...and complete.

I grabbed a handful and tore them closer back to me, hugging them to my chest. “No! Mine! Please!” Nevin stiffened beneath me - in more ways than one - and he froze, no longer trying to pull the threads away. Instead his gaze focused on Ayaka.

“Bad, then.”

<”I’m fine!”> I insisted. Why were they talking abut me like I wasn’t here? Why? <”I’m right here! I said I was fine! Why don’t you believe me! I’m just tired. I just want to be with Nevin for a while...I just..I just…”> I mumbled and lowered my head.

Why didn’t they believe me? Why were they acting so strangely?

<”I’m going to attend to the Priest. You take her out of here and...away from the public.”>

I felt Nevin give a nod at her order. Wait? Since when were they so close? Since when did Ayaka think she could tell ME what to do? I growled low. “Dumb Sister…”