Nevin looked at the massive creature, the twisted thing, and raised an eyebrow. It was almost like a Naga or Lamia, serpent torso but humanoid head - in fact, staring at it, Nevin felt a chill. This thing was clearly very powerful, a mixture of Minotaur and Lamia, each in their own powerful creatures. The blood soaking its fur on one arm sang to Nevin, a triumphant crescendo that spoke of exultation and victory if he could just reach out and seize it. His mouth went dry as he slowly turned his gaze back to Stare.

“Well. A tall undertaking for two people. But neither of us are exactly normal, are we?” Nevin pulled a pair of small, hard red tablets from a pocket and rested them on an upturned palm. The tablets broke apart and swelled, slowing out and upwards into a slowly expanding orb of blood.

“I - well. You can see I learned a few new tricks, but haven't had to use them yet. Do you have any plans on how to approach this fight?” Nevin didn't know how effective magic would be against such a powerful magical being. If he was right, and it was bred from not one but two unnatural creatures, just how much strength did this thing possess? And why did she need to kill it, if it didn't look like it had left the first in some time?

Stare steeled herself, flexing her gauntleted hand. Focusing in on the creature she narrowed her eyes before nodding slowly to herself. “I have learnt some things too. But just simple ones. Nothing as fancy as you.” And she had her teleportation stones. She was sure that they would come in handy, in the most desperate of moments.

Looking back down to Nevin she indicated right. “If we flank the creature it will be better. It is like a snake, cold blooded, but any standard attack will weaken it. It is also obviously injured so we should force it to use that arm.”

She balanced on the claws of her feet, ducked down as she was and prepared herself. Carefully she slid out a light blue marble from her pocket before handing it over to Nevin. “This will teleport you three feet in a direction of your choosing. I need it back after, but it is in case of emergency. Now, I will go right, you go left and we will kill it together.”

And not consulting with him on the plan she began to move, stalking through the grass like a predator.

Nevin slipped the marble into his pocket, already deciding that he would only use it of he absolutely had to - he wasn't one to enjoy teleporting, the sensation left him queasy. He watched, and waited, as she slowly moved to the right, and he began slipping to the left, moving slower than she did - he was not trained in stealth, so it took more time for him to move into position.