If Ven had any doubts about Eteri’s claims, they were gone now. One moment he’s enjoying his meal, the next he is being dragged away really wanting his pants. Like really, really, wanted his pants (They were comfortable gods damn it!). Then, all of a sudden he was laying on his bed with Eteri on top of him, which in any other circumstances would have been very enjoyable, but Eteri just had to decide commanding.

Her no nonsense “Do What I Say Now” tone left no room for argument, and after spending enough time around his mother and sisters, he knew it was probably just better to do as she said.

“You sure?” Eteri asked one last time.

Yes. He was sure. Eteri was his friend, and he didn’t go back on his word. Thus he nodded.

This was all Eteri needed. Eteri plunged her hand into his chest, and pulled out… Well pulled out pure colour. It was strange, mysterious, beautiful, and yet it he felt familiarity towards it. He didn’t need Eteri to explain it, this was his soul, the manifestation of who he was.

For once in his life, he had no words. His soul was right in front his eyes. His soul! Souls were real! Souls were real! SOULS WERE REAL!

And he was giving his away…

‘Heh, funny how things turned out.’

And like that, Ven accepted it all. What was to come, he would welcome, no matter what. When Eteri started to snip away at his soul, he was at least grateful it didn’t hurt. Small mercies.

Snip. Snip. Snip.

A thank you.

Thump.

Eteri working. Sewing.

Curious.

Was hew supposed to feel like this?

“How is Venn feels?”

Ven’s attention snapped back to her. How did he feel? He didn’t know. Calm he supposed, all things considering. He also felt empty. He felt a hollowness that wasn’t there before. Is this what Eteri felt? He could understand why she wanted a soul so badly.

Mostly though, he was confused. Every moment that passed, the more he wasn’t sure what to feel. This was something that need getting used to for sure. There was one thing he did know though.

Ven blinked, then gave a small smile. “Well, I’m feeling as I could use some pants right now. Something like this doesn’t excuse indecency.”