We should fucking end that bitch, how dare she try to slander us. She must still be jealous that Lye had found a new favorite toy. Nikita growled, I could feel myself losing control. My humanity was slowly slipping away and the beast was coming out.

When his lips claimed mine, everything stopped. It was like the anger slowly started to fade away. My hand snaked around his throat as I gripped it, not too tightly but enough. My lips folded around his own, the hunger in my belly grew. The moan that escaped both of our mouths was swallowed by one another.

I broke first pulling away, I gulped in air taking a step back, “we have to talk about this.” I mumbled taking another shaky breath, my teeth catching my lower lip. He let out a throaty growl, and I could see that he was very not happy with me backing away. But he swallowed it, and smiled instead, a bit tight.

“We do, sweetheart. But I will do that again if you get too angry - you’re fucking sexy when you get worked up for one thing, for another, it gives you something to center on.” He took a slow, steadying breath, and I watched his chest expand and then contract.

I nodded slowly, tucking a few strands of hair behind my ear before taking another breath. “I know I just lost it for a moment I am sorry, I can’t help it.” I offered him an apologetic smile. He shook his head.

“I'm not upset, dear. This is clearly a thicker issue than I was aware of. It's OK to let loose - but I want you both focused on me, more than her. Like I am for you.” He grinned for a moment teasing me, then his smile faded.

“I took the offer because, well, I have you now. Living a life where I just drifted was all well and good when I was by myself, but, if I have you, I want there to be an actual home for us to return to. Ah - sorry. Same page, right? I don't even know if you want to live with me outside of this little room.” He let out a short, twisted laugh.

I let my hand stroke his cheek tenderly, The anger quickly subsided when he revealed the real reason he had taken the job. “Oh my love,” I sighed softly. I let my forehead press against his own. I closed my eyes for a moment, collecting my thoughts and putting them in order. “We are on the same page,” I murmured softly. He curled his arms around me, anchoring me to him.

“It was, it is, a chance for me to stop gods from meddling in mortal affairs, and build a nest egg for us. I - didn't know. I've made a contract with her so I have to help her at least some, but if it bothers you so much, I'll call it done after that. I promise.”

I smiled softly stepping back shaking my head, “No, no I trust you.” The fuck we do, that whore wants what is ours she always has. Nikita growled. “Hush Nikita, she won’t dare try or I will rip her heart from her chest.” I growled with annoyance. Erik leaned back and tilted his head at me.

“Nikita. Is there anything that I can do to reassure you?” His voice was soft, but steady. He was watching my eyes intently, icy light blue gaze focused on mine.

Yes, don’t do it! She snarled. I rolled my eyes, “she is just territorially is all.” He hummed in thought, then furrowed his brow before speaking.

“I have a bit of an odd question that might be side tracked. Mind if I ask?” His brow raised as he asked permission.

I nodded slowly, curious on what it would be. He cleared his throat - and he blushed? Erik, blushed?

“When we fuck, or make love, or whatever. You've been in your human state. Are the sensations for Nikita shared, or are they muted unless you are in your halfling state?” And now he wasn't quite meeting my eyes, looking a bit nervous.

I smiled, it was a good question. “She feels when I want her too, I can shut her out in a way or let her be there feeling what I feel, why do you ask?” he shifted and scratched his cheek.

“That state intrigues me, I've never seen the likes of it before. So I was curious if you were avoiding it with me, or if it was meant to be used to punish her by denying what we have.” He raised an eyebrow.

“Nikita and I have a complicated relationship to say the least. I would however never deny her to feel what we have. She has been hurt just as much if not more than I have. She knows what pleasure is but she also knows pain better than anyone else.” I shrugged softly before picking up the napsack and setting it in the middle of the bed before climbing into it.

I unfolded the sack and took out its contents. I didn’t let my eyes meet his just yet. I knew there was something that he was not expressing that he wished to. I however didn’t want to press the issue, it took everything in me to not shift. He coughed once, and rubbed the back of his heat.

“And, ah. How might I encourage you to, ah, try that? I don't know if you're adverse to it or not.” His voice was soft, enough that I almost missed it.

“Erik, what are you trying to say?” I was confused on what he was trying to say and why he was so timid about saying it. He growled in frustration, threw up his hands and got in my face, between me and the stuff I had been setting out. He grinned widely, apparently having gotten past whatever was making him hesitant. Good.

“I am trying to say that if you want to, I would love to try fucking you in your half state.” Well, there was his bluntness, recovered. He stepped back and ran his fingers through his hair.

I cocked my head to the side, eyeing him up and down, pursing my lips and then unpursing them. Now we are talking, Nikita quipped happily. I rolled my eyes at her lust filled motives. “Is this because you want to settle Nikita? I have to admit I have never done it in my halfling state, I am more animal than human.” I tossed a curious look at him.

He shook his head vigorously. “I've actually been thinking about it since we fought those skin snatchers. I told you then I found that state beautiful, and I've been thinking about it since then. I just was unsure how to broach the subject.” Then he shrugged those broad shoulders. “I want to do it either way, but only if you are comfortable with it. And I don't mind if you are more animalistic like that dear, not in the least.”