“Myself? Not hardly. I was a volunteer, but I did it to further the hunt. Now it seems we are at an impasse. I cannot tell you more, and you clearly despise the very sight of me. So with this, I think it best I leave.” This was not an ideal situation. I had no idea what forces she had lying in wait where. There had been movement at the end of the alley that then stopped. So I was stuck. Or at least, I was sure she thought so. But I was, as she had guessed, not exactly normal. So I bowed - and leapt. Not for her though, which is what she had clearly expected.

No - I crashed into the wall of the inn, partway up. My muscles strained, and I leapt again, for the other side of the alley. A third bound, and my blade swung out, hooking into the edge of the roof, and I pulled myself up and over the edge. I landed with a roll, and came up into my feet. I clicked Saw-Spear back and tucked it away.

“I hope next time we meet you are not so prejudiced, - oh come on.” She was taking a running start at the wall, and I knew exactly what was going to happen. Now this was unfair. So I turned, and took off, sprinting flat out across the rooftops. I didn't want to fight the woman - but I also saw how absolutely enraged she had been. There had been trembling under my feet - earth magic perhaps, getting ready to impale me? Whatever the case might be, I did not want to stay around to find out.

It was a shame. I liked this village, and felt that I had been helping people here. But now with this rather prejudiced goat woman attacking me, I would not be able to stay around. I didn't know what she expected - this was Alerar. By and large, we didn't use magic. What did she expect? To have us just roll over and die when monsters decided to come for us? No. I was not as noble as some of the others who had volunteered for the project, but at the same time - I knew why I had done it. And I would never back down from that belief. The hunt must go on, with all tools available.

The faun easily made contact with the files of the roof, sending a couple skittering as her hard hooves smacked after a fine leap. I caught sight of dark eyes and a flash of a white blade but little else. Crashes of hooves began to be heard behind me as she followed at a pace that seemed to be closing rapidly.

“Stop!” came the yell.

“Good lady, you intend to injure me, and I do not wish to fight, so, I think, not!” I called back over my shoulder as I pressed on, trying to escape. Ahead there was a set of densely packed buildings, with chimneys and tall stacks on the rooftops. My legs tensed and I threw myself up, onto the next building. Before she caught up - and damnation my speed was in my reflexes, not in flat running - I shot for some of the chimneys, ducking behind them. Damn. Why did she hate me so? I did not recall ever hunting a faun so that couldn't be the reason. Was it just because of the experiment? Why did it matter to her that I altered my body - or let it be altered? I suppressed my snort of disgust. Prejudice like this interfered with hunts enough as it was - and now she was after me. I spared a moment to smile grimly beneath my mask. Now I was hunted.