"No I am not certain we have the whole story," she said with a sigh as they waited in the shadow of the crates they hid behind. "But there are also things that I have not told you."

That was, the extent to what her and Vitruvion's enemy, his mysterious half-brother Vindrexis, had dedicated himself to destroying Vitruvion's world. How he had attacked a brewery, kidnapped and killed, destroyed the ships, made Vitruvion begin to doubt his own sanity at times, and threatened her. Her.

"What you need to do is trust me now," she said quietly, as she watched the ship beginning to dock. "Please."

And she glanced back to her friend, a smile in her gleaming eyes. Then she looked back to the ship, with the bold writing of the Siren's Wake emblazoned upon the hull. It was a large merchant vessel, clearly made for speed and not war, yet it was covered in mercenaries, both those who were employed by Vitruvion on a permanent basis, and those who had been hired from alternative arrangements from other sources. These guards were there to protect the ship, Stare knew, but whether they had been compromised was another question.

Mainly, she needed to ensure that they were still loyal. She needed to sneak aboard the ship and inspect the Captain's quarters. To find his log books and identification papers, and all of those of the crew and ensure all was well. And to have a sneaky demon with her ... well that was a benefit.

"We need to find our way to the Captain's cabin," she said in a hush, ducking back as a one-legged cook stumped his way across in front of them. She pulled Nosdyn back around the crate. Pausing, she took a moment, then hooked her beak back around the side. "No one must see us. Then we need to check that all is well with the books. Only then will I be satisfied."

"Up for some stealthiness?" she asked, as she noted a gap between the sailors - and a straight road for the plank that led onto the ship.