Jake awkwardly waved at Amari as Isabelle dragged him to her table and sat him down. Before him sat a plate of fruit and roasted vegetables. What, no protein? How was he supposed to train on a stomach full of rabbit food?

“I hope you slept as well as I did last night,” Isabelle said suggestively as he picked up his fork.

“Err, yeah I did, thanks.” Jake said. He shoveled food into his mouth, wanting to get out of the inn as soon as possible. He could feel Amari’s eyes on him, and knew the fact he was sitting with Isabelle rather than her probably bothered her. Hopefully the handkerchief would make up for it. He just needed to get away from the blonde long enough to pick the gift up and deliver it. How hard could that be?

Isabelle slide out of her chair and shifted behind Jake, her hands danced over his shoulders. “You seem tense sweetie…” She massaged them in slow circles before drawling them down his chest. Jake thought he caught her throw Amari a triumphant gaze, but it was gone as quickly as it had came. Isabelle pressed her lips to Jakes cheek. “I planned for us to go on a horse drawn ride later tonight, doesn’t that sound romantic?”

“Sounds lovely,” Jake muttered, his mouth full. “I’ll probably spend most of the day at the Dansdel though. Got to keep training.”

“I enjoy watching your body…” Isabelles hands went lower, “Move…”

Jake moved alright, nearly jumping out of his chair. He finished his meal and wiped his mouth on a sleeve and then stood and faced Isabelle.

“Thanks for breakfast it was.. Er… lovely.” He said, trying not to notice Amari. “I’d better be off, but I’ll see you later…” he hesitated a moment, and then leaned in and gave her a quick peck on the cheek.

She grabbed onto his arm before he could move away. “She was with him last night, just so you know. You shouldn’t feel guilty about us…” She gently let him go at that. “I will meet you at the Dansdel a little later then Jake.”

“Alright,” Jake said, wondering what Amari and Josh had gotten up to, and why Isabelle found it so important to tell him. “I’ll see you there…” he broke away from the blonde and all but ran out of the inn.

The wind tugged at his black silken scarf and played in his dirty blond hair as he hurried along the sunny streets of Underwood. He stopped at his favourite bakery to purchase an egg sandwich (he needed some real food, after all) and munched on it as he made his way to the seamstress’ shop. She was just opening up as he arrived at the door.

“Oh, it’s you!” The shopkeeper said. “I was expecting you yesterday.”

“Sorry about that,” Jake said, blushing, “I got a little sidetracked. Is my order still ready?”

“Of course,” the woman laughed, “handkerchiefs don’t go bad.” She brought him to the back of the shop and handed him the freshly pressed kerchief. Embroidered in blue on the violet cloth were the words “For Amari, From Jake”.

“Perfect,” Jake said. He paid the lady and then folded the kerchief and put it in his pocket and exited the shop, heading straight for the Dansdel. With any luck, he’d get there before Isabelle and she’d never question his whereabouts.