Hunter seemed incredibly preoccupied. There was something in him that was a little off, and I noticed it in the way his expressions said frustration and how he grabbed the skewer. Slowly I took it from him, still breathing long and hard to keep my awareness up, but I kept my eyes on him.

I paused and wondered if he could do with soothing. And it would maybe serve as a distraction as I made an excuse to sneak off and likely fall unconscious by myself. Years and decades of acting had kept me going thus far, so long of keeping up pretences if strength when your rapist was coming for you. “I only like you when you're strong,” was a favourite phrase if the Sorcerers of Hern, and so I could be just that.

I sucked in my breath and produced a weak projection, the best I could do in the circumstances. It came as an unseen wave that gave those around me a subtle sense of joy. Of course I could also use it in sexual activity, to increase pleasure in that field, but that … that was very much not on the cards for me right now.

Definitely maybe later with this one though. Very, very likely. I liked how he had concentrated on my vampiresque side and not the half god. Trying to help, not intrigued as to how he could use me. That was different. Nice and different. So I emitted the field and waited for his reaction, eyes intent as the meat lay still in my hand and shaking began in my legs. I prayed for it to work.

He blinked and his eyes glazed over a bit. He lifted one hand to his face, feeling his lips as they curled into a slight smile. Good - it was helping him. But then his face stilled and the smile faded. He drew a deep breath, and let it out slowly.

“Alright - I - something is getting to me. You should get some rest, Vixen. Your body will need that to heal.” He still wasn't looking at me.

I narrowed my eyes for a moment, knowing then that he had resisted it. But then, my use of that particular power of mine - the only one I had been able to use these past three millennia as well as my passive immortality tendency - had been wavering in weakness for a long time. Sucking in my breath I avoided a sigh before I nodded at his words. Rest would be good, very good. The loss of blood was … yes. Rest. He had now suggested it so I could go for it.

So therefore I stood.

Which was a massive mistake. No sooner had I done so then the pain that had been lingering in the back of my mind swum up into my head. I felt a wave of nausea climb, as well as lightness. I let out a gasp as my legs gave way and I …

I crashed to the ground, where I sat, blinking heavily.

Fuck. Why was living so hard? Drowsily I slumped there as my body began the steady decline into unconsciousness.

“Oops. Sorry. Blood loss. Hmm … do me a favour and kill me?” I drawled, and with my back to him. “I should be fine then in … twelve hours. Hmm … then we can have all the lovely, lovely sexuals.”

With that, I slumped. And fainted.