I remained silent as the hunter came and went, then set up the food before me. It took time, and he seemed to have forgotten about my wound that he could wanted to stitch up, but I did not moan. It had happened long enough in the past that, with me surreptitiously stealing some of the salve from under the bandage at my neck and shoving it on it. Then I pinched it closed with fingers, breathing in long and deep to try to stay aware.

Blood unfortunately was vital for both unicorn and half god forms. Therefore any of its loss was a problem. With that thought I muttered under my breath, and looked around - to see the hunter staring at me steadily with those silver eyes.

“You - fair one. The water is so I can tend to your injury without making things worse.”

I blinked with large eyes. So he hadn't forgotten. Hugging a little I lowered my head onto my knees. “I see,” I replied. Then I paused, knowing that those silver eyes likely meant some form of magic thrummed in him. I knew that much at least despite most of my life having been underground.

“You can call me Vixen,” I said, finally deciding to give him my name. “Or … Horny.” It had been a nickname someone had given me ironically over a thousand years ago when I had told them of my unicorn form. They had then attached it to my lively desires and … well, it was just a name now.

The hunter blinked several times. He seemed to be doing that a lot, and it made me rather amused to see him so shocked by me.

“Ah… I’m going to assume that is not an offer, but a nickname. Ahem. I am called the -” He paused. Seemed to think. Then he closed his eyes. “My name is Fil'ayn. I prefer being called Hunter, or Huntsman.”

An offer? The thought hadn't passed my mind but it struck me that I hadn't had any sex since my escape from the catacombs back in Hernsford. Herik had been the slave's name, and I had misused his trust in order to get free. In the panic of escaping I had unfortunately needed to end Herik’s life … but then desperation had come to me after what I thought was nearing two thousand years in that light form of hell.

The hunter wasn't too ugly. Drow were not something I had much experience with, though they were the ones of the crew I had recently just got away from. They were the reason I was finally here, in a place called Tular according to the demon hermit Undun who had helped me greatly. I had been their captain's slave and killed him too.

But this one seemed to have no intention of slavery on me. I looked at him with an odd expression before shrugging, thinking it would not be an awful idea. He was shirtless as I could see, and the muscles spoke of a good body at least above waist.

“Some people use it. Call me Vixen then ...Hunter.” I respected him enough not to use his real name if Hunter was his preference. “I should probably heal up before I have any sex anyway.”

He tilted his head to the side, silver eyes staring at me. Then he turned his gaze to the pot, which had begun rolling in a boil while I was thinking. He opened a pouch on his waist, and took out a small needle and a long loop of thread. Holding the tail end of the thread between his fingers he dipped the needle and thread into the water.

“In, ah, that regard. The needle and thread should be sterile soon. And with the thread wet, as it dries it will pull the edges of the wound tighter together. As for sex - when you're stitched up and I put some more of the salve on your wound, you should be good to go with whoever as long as they take a little care.” He seemed to pause for a moment and shook his head, pressing his lips into a thin line as he thought. “Or if you don't mind pain and they don't. Anyway. How do you like your meat?”

My head tilted to the side. Pain? Well I been a concubine for the Sorcerers of Hern for over seven hundred years. I had experienced every sexual idea and trial it felt. Some had even ended my life. But then when your sexual partner was your master and he knew you could come back to life. I grunted with the memories I had simply accepted as my past and looked at the man.

“I like my meat rare,” I replied. “And my sexual partners any way they prefer.” I moved to shrug the cloak away from my leg, sticking it out for his reach. As an experiment I also let the fabric lie in such a way that he could have seen my underneath holes if he angled his head in just the right way … it would need to be very exact.

“Right then, yours should be done - now actually.” He pulled the thread and needle from the boiling water, and let it hang from his hand, cooling down. His other hand picked up one of the meat skewers, and he turned his head up towards meet my gaze as he handed it over to me. I had seen his eyes trail along the outstretched leg, and linger on the injury for a moment, then slide towards my nether regions before continuing up to focus on my face. It didn't seem he had angled himself.

Well he had noticed, which meant something. That was a nice feeling. But as soon as his eyes drifted away I put the cloak back again. Then I reached and grabbed the meat because that was my bigger desire right now. Food. Especially food that wasn't grass. My father above, I had needed to bite a handler last week in the Choibo stables just to get some blood needed for my sustenance. As I ate - the Hunter started working, his fingers pinching the edges of the wound shut and drawing the needle back and forth along the wound, literally looking like he was sewing the meat like a piece of cloth. He did not seem to mind my blood staining his fingers and hand in the least.

I began the annihilation of the wolf meat. It was breathtaking and wondrous, and warm, and I ate feverishly, letting the juices run down my chin. My eyes were not on the Hunter, but rather on the meat that was what I needed. After finishing one skewer I looked around for the next, letting the blood of my mortal half heritage guide me. I saw one over the other side of him, and I paused a moment but this was all worth it. My father, it was utterly amazing meat …

And it was there for my taking. So I dared and stretched across my healer, without much of a care for anything but the food. I found I needed to lean further than I originally thought but the taste was so good that … I bumped against his bare chest and I lost grip a little on my borrowed clothing, causing it to slip and a side of breast becoming exposed.

Quickly I grabbed the meat and retreated back, pulling the cloak closed and nibbling my lip with a little bit of embarrassment. “Sorry,” I mumbled as I dug in.