I took the talisman from the man, my eyes narrowed. I didn't quite trust this Benjamin - whether on purpose or not, he had not answered our questions. Even if we were in the realm where our target was lurking, who was to say that physical weapons would be able to hurt this thing? Or - had he just not bothered to tell us, that in the process of being brought to the realm, we'd be changed to be able to fight it? But if that was the case why not tell us that? Or was he afraid that the thought of being changed in some way would scare people off? I snorted as I spun the talisman on my fingers, and exhaled deeply. Well, no choice for it. I shot dawn girl a slight grin and a shake of my head. "See you on the other side." The incantation fell from my lips afterwards, and I felt my body twisting and slumping as the room darkened - well, it was certainly effective, whatever this incantation was. It...hurt, like a deep throbbing in the back of my head that beat out a crescendo that drowned out my thoughts, and with each thrum of power, my vision darkened, and darkened, until the room around me was gone.

__________________________________________________ __________

I felt - off. I couldn't quite put my finger on it as I forced myself to my feet, swaying slightly. I could see the old man ahead of me, he smelled of aged meat and worn out clothing - and he looked tired. He was staring around the place we had appeared, the landing place. He didn't seem changed, but then he probably hadn't needed to be altered. He'd fought against something like this godling before, so he probably already had weapons that could handle it. Oddly enough, the place seemed a bit washed out to me - colors weren't quite as sharp and clear as they were before, but the shapes around us, or of Benjamin himself, were as clear as ever. I reached up and scratched the side of my head, working out a nagging itch that had settled under my ear. As my hand dropped, I froze, holding it in front of my eyes.

Well. That was... different. My hand was elongated, fingers longer than before and with cruel, blood-stained claws emerging from the tips. Wiry black fur was coating my hand - what could be seen from underneath blood-soaked leather gauntlets. I looked down along my arm, seeing more clothing that matched the red hued leather gloves: black leather sleeves that led to thick pauldrons, and from what I could feel being pressed tight against my flesh by the clothing, more of that wiry fur was trapped underneath. I looked for my Saw-Spear - and there it was, safely strapped to my back, but my normal cloak that kept it covered up was gone. Instead I was wearing a tight, form fitting leather tunic, studded with what I recognized as trophies of things that I had slain. My legs weren't normal - farm from it, they were jointed differently, and felt different as well. I tested my weight on them as I looked down - they were canid in appearance, and I didn't have boots on, though I was wearing metal greaves over my legs. The thick furred paws that my feet had become showed why I had no boots though - claws, shorter and stouter than the ones on my hands, were emerging from my feet, and I knew I could use them in a fight. I exhaled in an exasperated sigh, and I felt my face distort as I frowned at the plume of silver-tinted smoke that emerged from my mouth.

This was why he probably hadn't explained anything. I was far from my old self here, I was more... bestial. Closer to the things that I hunted, than to a drow. But at the same time, I didn't think my mentality had changed at all. I drummed my claws against the hilt of the Saw-Spear as I waited for the others to arrive. Fantastic. I didn't even have my hat here. Wonder what my face and head looked like.