Level completed: 35%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,614

GP

Name
    Elthas
    Race
    Forest Elf

View Profile
    The question raised an eyebrow. He thought about that for a moment and considered her point of view, but he saw the kind expression on her face and figured it to be a light-hearted sort of statement. Elthas pondered for a moment and answered. "We hold no prejudices toward anybody, and folks are welcome here." Elthas said calmly. He had a smile on his face a she looked at Lilly. "That reminds me, before we go talk to my brother, how long do you intend to stay? I can prepare a guest bed room for you." Elthas offered. He was the polite sort of fellow, and he didn't want Lilly to go out and stay in the local inn if there was room in his house for several people to comfortably sleep.

Elthas nodded. "Either way it goes, I'm glad we have become friends, Lilly. It has been some time since last I have had a true friend." There was the boy, Vaeron, but he had not heard of the fellow in some time since their last adventure together.

There was a soft breeze coming in from the west. Elthas turned to look in the direction of the breeze, it was an old habit of us. Staring directly at the wind. His eyes narrowed for a moment and then he turned his attention back towards Lilly. "Are you considered beautiful by your people?" Elthas suddenly asked. He had to know more about her people. He'd never been able to talk to an Aleran before, let alone a "Dark Elf". He'd always hated that name. To him Elves were all Elves. What made someone a High Elf as opposed to a Dark Elf, anyway? Elthas oft wondered. He only knew about how his own people did things, they were more laid back. Maybe it was the tree sap's scent that made them that way? Elthas didn't know.

He was walking with Lilly and soon, they'd stumbled upon Drathis training with his sword. It was a weapon that had also been constructed at their Father's command. "Drathis." Elthas said calmly and held a mischievous smile on his face. "Your swing arm has gotten more solid and stable."

Drathis took one more swing, it was fluid and practiced. A moment later, he sheathed his weapon, his sword was constructed in the mysterious Elven smithing arts. Not quite blacksmith arts, and not quite relicry...but a happy fusion between the two arts. Their father, Halm Bellthasar, had ordered the weapons made for his children. "You two have come." Dratthis said, and turned around to face Elthas and Lilly. "Nice to see you've made a friend, Elthas. Will she be staying with us for a time?" Drathis asked of Lilly.

"I'm not yet certain, was asking her that earlier. But hopefully she agrees to stay with us while she is here." Elthas had a softer smile on his face. The afternoon sun shone brightly overhead...few clouds were visible. But there was that wind again, coming in from the west. Elthas noticed it....
    Forest Childe...

Althanian

EXP: 5,050, Level: 3
    Level completed: 2%, EXP required for next Level: 3,950
    Level completed: 2%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,950

GP

Name
    Lilly Svalesin
    Race
    Dark Elf

View Profile
    How long will I stay? I was just passing through, I don’t intend to stay. As nice as it might be to sleep in a bed rather than on the cold ground I need to draw an end to this vacation from reality.

“I’m not sure if I will stay the evening,” she was so bad at dealing with people. Lilly wanted others to like her and it made her awful at saying how she truly felt. Re-opening her mouth resulted in a re-organization of thoughts, “I could stay I suppose.”

Damn it. Why did I, no, I can’t spend all of my time in this elf village. We’ll see what his brother is scheming and then I’ll bid my adieu.

As the new elf and the old elf trampled upon grass and fallen leaves anticipation arose as she continued to think on what Drathis was going to say. Maybe he had already come up with a plan to deal with Elthas’ daddy issues and then I, being the genius that I am, can step in and offer some truly keen insight. The breeze stepped in, interrupting her thought. Its cool winds did offer something new to the conversation, it clearly scrambled the wood elf’s brain.

”Are you considered beautiful by your people?"

Initially the dark elf was taken aback and stricken with confusion. Surely no sensible person would ask that. She must’ve misheard him. When the seriousness of his words set into her the shock and awe was turned into sheer anger. Lilly’s forehead furrowed. Her eyes narrowed.

Who does this tree elf think he is? I am Lilthis Shadefell. I’m one of only twenty-seven dark elves with pure white hair. Most drow claim their hair to be white when in reality it’s some shade of off-white, tinted more on a blue or yellow side of the white spectrum. I’ve had suitors since I was twelve. My family’s pale blue pupils are the lightest shade known among any family in eastern Alerar! I have a round face, a thin waist, and I’m very chaste.

Yet, this... creature asks if my people think I’m beautiful? He has eyes. Can’t he tell himself??

The dark elf, who may or may not be considered beautiful by her people, took a large gulp of oxygen and released it back out. Her face still scrunched she answered his question tersely, “yep, a few of them think I’m pleasant on the eyes.”

Maybe his brother had something interesting to say. Lilthis crossed both of her arms and shifted one foot out further than the other as Elthas complimented his sibling. This was the worst tree village she had ever been to.

Althanian

EXP: 6,386, Level: 3
    Level completed: 35%, EXP required for next Level: 2,614
    Level completed: 35%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,614

GP

Name
    Elthas
    Race
    Forest Elf

View Profile
    Elthas listened to her response....Did I say something I should not have...? He sighed. Before he could say anything else, Drathis spoke again.

Drathis looked at his brother, and then towards Lilly. "Elthas, last time we met Father he called off his followers so that we might not be killed. You cut him anyway. I think father was trying to spare us a really terrible fate." Drathis continued. "There's something else, they have been making repairs to the fort and modifications." Drathis rubbed his chin, deep in thought. "We got lucky last time, but I don't think we will be lucky again. Though this is ultimately up to you." Drathis cared about Elthas a lot and he was trying to ensure that he talked some sense into him.

Elthas considered the words very carefully. He sighed. "Regardless, it's getting late in the day anyway." Elthas said calmly. "If I head out, I intend to head alone. I don't want to involve anybody else more than necessary. Last time there was too many of us and father turned out to be a traitor. He didn't need our help at all." Elthas would talk some sense into his father if he could, but he knew that the older Elf had chosen his own fate.

Elthas shook his head. "Regardless, there's not much we can do today and I have to study the maps and effects anyway. Maybe I can find father and talk to him alone." Elthas was conflicted, he did not know what to do at all. He hoped that the answers would come to him before a decision would be made. He just wanted his father back with them...but he had made his choice hadn't he? Elthas looked towards Lilly. "Sorry for involving you in this family mess. You've been very patient with us this entire time. What do you want to do for the rest of the day?" Elthas asked. He didn't ever want to be rude to her. He was trying to include her in everything despite the cultural differences. He really did not mind...he liked having her nearby.
    Forest Childe...

Althanian

EXP: 5,050, Level: 3
    Level completed: 2%, EXP required for next Level: 3,950
    Level completed: 2%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,950

GP

Name
    Lilly Svalesin
    Race
    Dark Elf

View Profile
    The sun was shifting towards the edge of the horizon now as sunlight’s glimmer started to fade out. Likewise, happiness itself seemed as if it were fading from Elthas. As he spoke to his brother, in this village surrounded by family, he was adamant about handling his dispute with his father by himself. It felt a bit sad, though far too often those who seemed to be surrounded by those who cared were the most alone. She did not know the details but could tell it was personal. A rather lonely endeavor indeed.

But she could not stay here to see how it played out. The dark skinned prodigy needed to continue on, finish conducting her studies on the varieties of magic and arcane objects. There was little she could do to help further. Although, maybe, there was one possibility...

Elthas asked what she wished to do and her mind went back to its original hypothesis. A trap, no need to kill one’s own supposed caregiver if you could entrap him. Thin lips opened to form the words, “I want to help you in creating a snare.” Running a slender hand into her sack she retrieved her quill and parchment. “I can jot down the instructions, show you how it would function,” the tinkerer imparted.

Her mind already memorized the design. A thin rounded rope, activated by trip wire, intended to entrap prey. It likely would not function as precisely on a full bodied elf but it could buy time to wrap the victim in tighter bindings, if Elthas chose to use her idea.

This was normally how she operated. There were some who could give themselves unto a religion, a lover, or a cause. She had to set goals. To distract, to avoid her from thoughts of family, of back home. Right now her goal was to leave Corone and pursue rumors of a necromantic staff. But, at this very moment, her goal was to assist the tree elf with his problem. She did not know why she felt compelled to do so, but her compulsion pushed her onward.

Scribbling on the parchment she explained, “see, you tie the rope like this.” Drawing the circle she continued the line outwards to two bracing tree trunks. “You’ll then need to set up the trip wire as such... hey, are you paying attention?”

Her time with the tree elves was enjoyable enough. Though she were leaving Lilthis was certain that their paths would cross again. Maybe she would get to ask Elthas if he had used her snare.

Let Them Sing

EXP: 155,108, Level: 17
    Level completed: 18%, EXP required for next Level: 14,892
    Level completed: 18%,
    EXP required for next Level: 14,892

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    Elthas receives 1355 EXP, 135 GP and a simple snare made for him by Lilthis!

Lilthis receives 1145 EXP and 145 GP!

Quote Originally Posted by Shin
    ***Note: Although a "series bonus" was requested, this has been put on hold due to the fact this is only the first thread in the series. Once the second thread has been submitted we will then look at any continuity bonuses.