I looked myself up and down in the mirror. The streak of red in my messy azure bob still stood out, bright. Nevin had dyed it again. This time using what he insisted was hair dye and not clothes dye. I still didn’t see the difference between the two. I reached up and tugged on it. The hair wasn’t as dry nor as brittle. Nevin had lovingly put a conditioning treatment in it. He even offered to dye more of my hair, but...I liked the single red streak that framed my face. It was a silly notion...but it felt like a part of him was always with me.

Then again that may be because I literally carried around a locket with a piece of his soul in it. I clasped a clawed hand around it. Still staring at myself in the mirror. Souls...the dark soul that was only the smallest of fragments within me had grown. Branched out. When I looked at myself it looked like a burnt tree with branches that spread out to my arms and head. It was...dark, and a little cold - but beautiful in a way.

The woman who stared back at me wore an Akashiman shrine outfit made of red and white, albeit a little shorter and low-cut than the traditional garb, altered for ‘fashion’ I wasn’t exactly the ideal picture of someone who was a god's right hand…

It was still funny to think about. Nevin...a god...but, he would be - no. Was my god. I grinned and my reflection grinned back.

It was late afternoon and he was working hard in his shop. There had been an increased influx of customers lately. Most of them were from the church, wanting to see Nevin in action and to buy his wares. Others were just catching onto what was ‘trendy’ and ‘trendy’ was well - Nevin. My Nevin.

A low growl rumbled up from my gut as a wave of possessive envy flooded through me. I took a deep breath and calmed myself down. They did not mean anything, they did not want them for themselves, and it’d be horribly selfish of me to not let Nevin help those in need.

That’s what gods did right? It’s what we did with the little boy. We helped him and now he was in a better place. And not the ‘bad’ type of better place. The ‘good’ type.

Giving myself a final once over in the mirror, and readjusting the bells that jingled from my tail. Tying an extra knot in them I felt ready. Ready to tackle the customers, maybe literally, and help Nevin today.

I burst through the small wooden door that lead from the front of the shop into the attached house. It bounced off its hinges. Nevin turned to me with wide crimson eyes, holding a vial of bright blue liquid out to a very frightened looking older lady.

“E-Eteri?”

I grinned and practically jumped toward him. In two swift leaps I landed on his back.

‘Oomph.’ He struggled to right himself as he completed the transaction, the old lady quickly shuffled out the store.

“What her problem?” I muttered.

“You ah....burst into the store and jumped toward her - I am sure she was worried you were about to attack. Eteri, ah..must you do that?”

I grinned, I had been nibbling on the back of his neck. I nodded. “Yes. Must. Nevin taste good. Nevin look tired. Will help.” I nuzzled into him. The store, for the smallest of moments was empty.

“Ate many irons today.” I purred into his ear. His body stilled as his breathing picked up slightly. I heard a very slight growl slip from his lips. The thought excited him.

Such a thing always seemed to revitalise him, among other things. I knew it’d be a distraction but he was just serving customers today right? Would it really matter so much if he took my blood here?

I blinked, my face turned red as a lewd thought crossed my mind. I whispered my intentions into his ear; how I could oh so easily hide under the counter and ensure he had a very, very good day.

“I-I don’t think that’s a good idea. Later, Love.” His face was very red, and my wandering hands could see how much he liked that idea.

“Fine. Fine.” I lifted my hands up and away from him and slipped from his back and onto the counter. “Then just take Eteri blood?” I yawned and stretched out on the counter. “As much as need.”

He looked thoughtful, and like he was about to accept my offer - when the door chimed, and he turned around to greet the customer coming in. I sighed, he was going to work himself sick if he kept this up.

“Nevin butt.” I muttered.