Thanks for being patient guys. Lye has asked me to jump in and judge round one. I just have a few preliminary things to go over first. Because no threads achieved 10 posts, I'll be using the condensed rubric. I did markdown individual category scores if you want to know them, but I'll only be provided generic commentary here. Per Lye, I also did not factor in activity into scoring. Finally, and most importantly, don't be alarmed by the low scores. A good story requires a beginning, middle and end. Your story barely started. Character scores factor in interaction. There was very little. In other words, be proud of your work, because everyone was trending well had the threads continued.

Revenant
Story - 13/35 - You had the best introduction to the round with a solid frame of reference for both William and his army's actions. The nod to setting, particularly the darkness, cold temperatures and fatigue were strong, but obviously this did not go far. The pacing was good. The hour advance was done cleanly.
Character- 13/35 - William's plan for the army was apparent, but we never got to the point where it would be relevant. Mannerisms were carefully detailed and dialogue was natural and believable.
Writing - 22/30 - I only noticed two usage errors in your posts. Writing was clear, and you paced the thread well by manipulating sentence structure and length. I caught no extraordinary literary technique within the few posts submitted.

Total - 48/100

Philomel
Story - 11/35 - The way you introduced your supporting characters was somewhat bizarre and unclear. There was nothing overly unique about the setting, but I think in the long run it would favor your army's strengths. Posts were a bit overwhelming, as though you trying to combine a bit too much action into a short period.
Character - 12/35 - I was impressed that you were the only player to take a loss in round one. While you might have strong armed it into attempted character growth a bit too quickly here, loss can be an excellent way to advance the story. Dialogue was fine and flowed well.
Writing - 15/30 - I forgave British spelling and noticed only a handful of misspelled words; however, your thread was full of usage errors (e.g. "they" sky in your opening paragraph and "redhed" when referring to Nevin). You're a good writer, but giver her a slow once over in a tournament and these errors will be gone. You overused commas and put them in odd places, which broke up your writing and made it less clear.

Total - 38/100

Revenant advances!

Thanks to Philomel for participating and being active. Lye has not let me know how he plans to handle rewards, but I will add them when I get word.