Scarlet noted Madisons gesture, how her briar knitted hands ran up and down her vine covered body. "Ah. I forget, others feel the cold. We don't heat this area, or most areas these days really, why waste resources.

"You don't? Feel it?" Madison asked incredulously.Scarlet could practically feel the other woman raise her eyebrows in skepticism. Wasn't surprising. What was surprising is that even Lye barely bothered to question her on it. Why she barely bothered with her leather jacket, why she was able walk around the frigid wasteland with naught but a flimsy dress. "I don't feel a lot of things, but the cold? I haven't felt that since a night I had with a man named Shinsou. Course. He's dead now."

A nuance of a smirk was forced onto Scarlets lips, even if it were just for show when in reality she felt nothing seeing the exasperation within her former 'friend' Madison turned oddly serious, telling Scarlet she was a bomb of sorts. "Is that so?" Scarlet asked. She wasn't phased by the statement. It didn't scare her, it didn't bother her, it was just a new piece of information. One that wasn't surprising. She was a being that was created out of pure mana, to bring life to Althanas. Her very being was literally a force of energy, to have that twisted and burnt into the opposite - it'd make sense. The opposite of life is both death and destruction.

"It's a shame you cannot just delve into my memories like you do that book. I can share my memories of this life, but I don't think I can tap into the 'me' who wrote that thing." Scarlet traced small circles in the air. "Such writing, it's pretty to look at, almost like its sung instead of written.

Scarlet paused as they arrived at the door to Madisons lab, a series of clicks and clacks and metal grinding echoed down the hall as the old locks began to open. Something didn't entirely add up. Madison was astute, and Scarlet knew that the woman would not have left anything of import behind. "I wonder if I'll just explode one day, like a literal bomb." Scarlet mused, she followed her query with a shrug. "Not that it would really matter. Bad things happen all the time, they always have happened around me - partly due to my incompetence, partly to being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Honestly, it feels like its a poorly written narrative by some poor and bored sod." Scarlet kicked at the ground as they entered the lab.

The lab, it was left untouched, aside from the once jumbled papers which had been neatly stacked in the centre of a white table. Covered in a thick layer of dust. Ulroke wanted them, Scarlet had copied them, meticulously by hand just in case Madison returned and wanted them, back then...back when she called herself 'Amari' she wanted to do something for Madison, she enjoyed Madisons company and saw the other woman as a dear and close friend. Scarlet now knew that sentiment wasn't shared. Friend's didn't abandon each other. People like her, like Fenn, like Jake. They weren't friends. They were just people. Scarlet pushed gently past Madison and headed toward the table, she picked up the papers and shook the dust off of them.

"Ulroke took the originals, but I copied everything out. Word for word. My writing is atrocious." Scarlet handed it to Madison who reached out to grab it, Scarlet strengthened the hold on the notes and the paper pulled taught.

"Forgive me for being blunt, I don't exactly have the emotion to be otherwise these days, but why are you really here Madison? For notes that you surely already have? Abandoned test tubes and jars? Scraps of leftover failed experiments? What do you really want?"