Level completed: 99%,
    EXP required for next Level: 52

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Neanderthal/ Human Hybrid

View Profile
    Many, many explosions! Blinding energy threatened to throw her off her feet. Wave after wave of aged rings, like the rings of old trees, obliterated the atmosphere in her senses. A sense of terror, awe, excitement wrecked her entire being as she opened her eyes.

There was a series of black and white lines marking the outline of the tree. Within it, enormous veins shot through the plant, the trunk and branches. White, distorted, bold energy swarmed within like a swarm of furious yellow jackets. It was so powerful, so mighty. Yet, the energy running ramped was positive, life giving. Strength flowed like a raging river, bolstering the tree in every way imaginable. It exceeded the natural. It influenced the tree, enhanced it. This energy allowed this century old tree to stay sturdy and healthy. It grew beyond natural proportions as the veins steadily swelled within those black lines. It was overwhelming, excruciating, it-

-Felicity shut her eyes. She had to get out!

The very will to stop must of done it. She flew back, the connection to the tree shattered as she fell against material, night chilled cobblestone. Her eyes were wide, body vibrating in a mixture of fright and wonder. There was so much sweat on her, it looked as if she just took a dip in a lake. Yet, for her body’s trembling, only one thought crossed her mind. What just happened?

She took heavy, yet steady, breaths. Watching the exotic stars, she pondered. It was strange, the constellations and sky patterns were slightly different here compared to the rest of Althanas. Was it the differences in land location? It was crazy how even the sky changed. Everything… changed.

She sat up, eyes still widened in awe and terror. She looked down, raising a single hand to look at her palm. Watching it, the adrenaline rushes of the tree replayed in her mind. With these thoughts, her neanderthal bloodline also poked at her thoughts. She always knew she had a magical affinity locked somewhere inside. Now that her body was adjusting better to her Berserk Rage, it made sense that her powers were expanding. She was improving.

She clenched her fist, a sense of optimism returning to her weary heart.

She opened her mouth, her voice hoarse and spent. Yet, there was confidence in her tone, “I may have been weak before…”

Her fist shook as she continued to tighten it, “But I’m stronger now.”

It was true. She was physically so much stronger. Raw strength, healthier bones, an unbreakable body. Compared to the much thinner, softer, more fragile girl Ayleth kicked around, Felicity was now a giant. Even now, however, her intrusive thoughts threatened to tear her down.

“She was right! You'll never be strong enough!”

“No more! No more attempts to get close to people. They’ll only hurt you more!"

“Ayleth hurt you, why won’t Yvonne do the same? Yvonne believes in an eye for an eye just like her!”

Felicity bit her lip, frustration boiling in her chest. She felt so cold! Ever sense she left Ayleth’s side, she struggled to connect to anyone else again. She felt too numb, too scared to forge bonds with anyone in the Toivonen family; regardless of how much time she spent with them. Nevin was the only who breached her newly built walls thus far. Oh, how he aided her! Felicity direly needed him, her older brother. How much of a blessing he was! Yet, even this fellow alchemist, this healer, was unable to ease these deep wounds.

So what of Yvonne? What was her place in all of this? No doubt about it, Felicity adored her, yet… the small, stout drow reminded her so much of Ayleth. She frightened her. She still shook, in the center of the dome courtyard, as she thought this through. Now, however, her mind was clearer. Thanks to her newfound sensitivity to magic, she felt stronger. Just like the bizarrely placed stars in the sky, things changed. Just because an older sister figure hurt her once, would another do it again? This was ridiculous! Yvonne did nothing but help Felicity through and through, even when the aid was undeserved. How could Felicity doubt her now? When so many other people fled upon seeing her as a wretch, Yvonne stayed. Yvonne faced her greatest fears for her.

Now, it was time for Felicity to return the favor.

She had to risk being pained again.

Boldly, Felicity put one foot on the ground. She pushed herself, attempting to rise to her feet. The first time, she fell. Her body was still nerve wrecked. Felicity growled and tried again. Again… Again! Somehow, she made it to where she stood. She struggled for balance, but refused to yield. She would not allow fear to win. She was better than that. Maintaining balance, she turned towards to exit of the courtyard. She shakily took one step, two steps…

She treaded into the city’s nighttime darkness. She had to find Yvonne, confront her… then confront that vandal.
    Last edited by Flamebird; 08-04-2018 at 10:52 PM.
    "I can't be proud of anything. I am ashamed of everything."

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.