Level completed: 79%,
    EXP required for next Level: 879

GP

Name
    Yvonne Mythrilmantle
    Race
    Grey Dwarf

View Profile
    Work schmerdlerk. A wee bit o' effort doesn't bother a real dwarf lad! Ye'll soon see!

Now that it's not 2am in the morning and I'm not dismissing the whole thing and going to bed I can look at it clearly.

The way I see it Spell Potency needs to be a separate ability which is locked for now, and the connection between it and her Willpower greyed out for now also.

I'll make Mana Manipulation one ability and Air, Earth, Fire and Water Shaping four separate abilities. I'll happily lock Air Shaping (because air is colourless mana and she won't perceive it at first) and lock Fire Shaping (because fire burns me right!? Better not touch the red glowies). I can also see us limiting her Water Shaping for now if necessary but Earth Shaping she will cut her teeth on in the beginning.

Instead of Healing and Harm how about Defensive Magic and Offensive Magic (Offensive I will lock also, it's not needed now)? Would healing fall under Defensive Magic or will I need more types? How about Restoration Magic and Debilitation Magic for curses and damage over time spells (which I will also lock)?

Clarity is kinda spell-dependent but I will attempt to nail down everything I can this weekend, details, durations, potencies, outputs and whatnot.

Other than that I'm feeling a new weakness is in order. Wild Surges would be very fun because she's an untrained mage and literally winging it, figuring spells out as she goes along.

Also I would be really interested in the math you do behind the scenes if it's not too super secret hushhush. That way I can clearly see where the big issues are that you're seeing and I can consider everything better.
    Last edited by Yvonne; 05-17-2018 at 01:17 AM.
    So I’m cutting that branch off the cherry tree.
    Singing this will be my victory.
    Then I, I see them coming after me.
    And they’re following me across the sea.
    And now they’re stinging my friends and my family.
    And I, I don’t know why this is happening.
    ~ Thrice, Black Honey.