Once more, he was tending her wound, and once more, she couldn’t understand why. The cut this time hadn’t been that bad, and she had thought she had stopped in time to prevent him from noticing it. But he had - and once more, he was being oddly gentle as he took another bandage and wound it around her arm, pressing the edges of the cut together as he did so. “My offer is sincere, girl. I do not know if I will always be able to provide well, I am a mercenary after all. But as long as you wish it, I have no issue with you being at my side. The roads are far better to travel when there is company with you on them. Are you certain you wish to walk them with me?”

“No. I am not. I'm scared. I'm worried I will be a burden. I know not of how to protect myself. I… will be a burden to you. I worry I will be left alone again.”. Her hand landed on the bread roll and she bought it up to her face and took a small bite.

“I am not well enough to travel now…” She felt his hands tighten the fresh bandage on her arm, and he moved back. She heard the chair at the desk nearby creak as he sank into it, the wood beneath him groaning at the weight of his body and armor. He was silent for a moment, not immediately responding to what she had said, and she knew he was already planning on how to tell her he would be leaving her in that case.

“Then I can wait, as I said I have time to spare here in town, I am on no schedule. If you wish to learn how to protect yourself, I can teach you - I was trained in a mercenary band, in a variety of things. And yes, you might be a burden - but it is one that I am willing to shoulder. I was of no use when the man who saved me found me, but he gave me the chance to make something of myself. I will do the same for you.” When he finally spoke, his voice was soft, and the rough, grating edge to it had finally smoothed out, leaving him a smooth, deeper tone that coiled in her ears like a warm blanket.

Aynur smiled as she set the half eaten bread on the bed in front of her, completely missing the tray of food. “I would… Like that…”

There was a long silence between the two before Aynur broke it.

“I wish…” She pushed herself off the bed and shuffled over toward him. Stopping only when her feet hit the chair and she reached out to brace her fall. Small hands landed on the metallic pauldrons on his shoulders. She heard a confused grunt as he caught her elbows and steadied her as she fell against him. He was sitting with one leg crossed over his other knee,. Aynur quickly pulled away and smoothed down her cape. She was trying to be nice, trying to offer some form of sentimentality. Of course she'd mess even that up. One of his arms gently wrapped around her waist, anchoring her in place so she couldn't fall off.

Aynur turned her face away, tugging on chocolate brown tendrils. “I… I want to see again, so maybe I can see my friend.” There was a pause, then he let out a breath that sounded faintly amused. His hands shifted from her elbows to one of her wrists, and he guided her hand up to his face.

“You have other ways of knowing the world around you, girl. Do not sell yourself short just yet, before you learn what you can do.”

Her fingers danced delicately over his face she felt a little embarrassed, was this considered intimate? Aynur wasn't entirely sure. His eyebrows were thick with wisps of hair jutting out and he didn't feel Iike he had too many wrinkles..so he was younger than he sounded. Aynur thought he may be in his mid 30’s

“I… oh I thought you were older…” He let out a sharp bark of a laugh, a sound that started deep in his chest.

Her hands continued to trace down his face, ignoring the rumblings in his features as he laughed. It wasn't her fault. “it's your voice!” she muttered.

“I typically do not speak much, I prefer to listen. It leaves me - a bit rusty, at times.” His voice, and face, showed clear amusement as he spoke. Her fingers kept wandering as he explained the roughness to his tone. His nose was crooked, and she felt stubble then a scar just on the side of his lip. He felt like he was smiling.

Aynur quickly pulled away when her fingers brushed against the soft skin of his lips. Cursing herself. That may have been too much. “I Uhm.. Sorry.”

She could feel Tristain’s arms gripping her own, one to steady her and the other holding near the second cut. She felt guilty about it. She caused him more concern.