Nosdyn blinked as Jake arrived.

The question lingered in the air between them for a moment or two. Hospitals and healing centers all had that same smell of healing magic and potions brewing. He never liked them, but he knew he had to have gotten tremendous amounts of help. Nosdyn sat in a regular sitting position, somewhat hunched over. His powerful musculature bulging as he sat there. Tensed up. He'd grown to respect Jake during the events at Stonevale. "I've been better." Nosdyn said carefully. He didn't want to reveal just how terribly he felt to Jake. He knew the fellow likely would not care anyway.

"Are the goblins defeated?" Nosdyn had to know. He had to know that the one time he had done something for somebody else it had meant something. And he'd completed his task. His memories of the actual battle were all over the place and likely would remain fractured for the rest of his days. He did not mind, he only knew that he'd fought and kept his honour, Nosdyn looked down at the moment, though he'd done something truly heroic...he didn't feel like a hero at all. He was confused about his place in Stonevale.

As he sat there, he stood up after a few moments and walked towards Jake. There was a noted limp from some previous injury in his step that was pronounced. As he walked he felt a little out of balance and clutched the bed calmly to orient himself anew. As he walked towards Jake he nodded once more. "Look. Jake...I know you don't like me. Probably never will...and that's all right." Nosdyn spoke in a strangely calm sort of way. "I just hope someday we can set aside our differences." Nosdyn appeared very tired. He'd killed hundreds of the goblins by himself and was inflicted with days worth of poisoning effects burning through his body. He'd tipped over the edge several times because of the poisoning but somehow came back. "Someone taught me that men and demons can live in harmony with one another. I am trying to fight for that dream." Nosdyn explained. "It will be slow-going. But maybe, someday...there will be a peace between us." Nosdyn looked his former enemy square in the eyes. Man to man. They had fought together...surely that meant something.

"Stonevale is my home now." Nosdyn said calmly. "I will fight anybody to help defend it and what it's about." Nosdyn wasn't sure why he was saying all that to Jake. Only that it was coming from the heart.