Level completed: 70%, EXP required for next Level: 2,474
    Level completed: 70%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,474

GP

Name
    Jacob (Jake) Narmolanya
    Race
    Elf / Human
    Jake stowed his tonfa and unsheathed his crystal sword again, menacing Nosdyn with the keen blade. The half elf hadn't expected much of a fight, but even so, things seemed to be going a little too easy. He created a portal anyways, watching as a round whole tore open in the air, leading back to the stoop outside the guard barracks in town.

"Go on," Jake said, gesturing with his sword. Nosdyn glowered and stalked through the opening with the hunter hot on his heels. Jake allowed the portal to snap shut and then opened the door to the guardhouse. He made the demon go first, following him into the antechamber lit by its flickering lanterns.

"Hey, it's you again." Said the guard on desk duty. "You found the demon. Why the sword?" He looked behind him at where he'd hung his own blade from the chair.

"This demon is a wanted criminal in Alerar," Jake said, "he killed innocents and destroyed property, and stole important artifacts. I demand that you punish him for these crimes, or else arrange for him to be transported back to Alerar where he would no doubt be hanged."

"Easy now," the guard said, standing up. "I'll call some of the lads to arrest him." He disappeared through the door behind his desk, returning shortly with six large men in tow. They took up positions on either side of Jake and Nosdyn.

"You shouldn't have come back," a familiar voice said. Jake looked to the door. It was William Blake. "This is the little creep who beat me up, boys."

Damn, Jake thought, I didn't think he'd tell anyone about that.

"That was just a little training exercise," he said out loud. "Look, at the very least you need to put this demon behind bars where he belongs."

"Nosdyn has been a great help to us against the goblins," Blake said, walking close, almost within range of Jake's sword. "What have you ever done for Stonevale?"

Is he serious? Jake wondered.

"I saved the princess of Scara Brae from being beaten and raped by goblins," he said. "I fought them outside the city and rallied a force of peasants to drive them off. What more could I possibly do for this nation?"

"I heard about that," Blake confirmed with a nod. "So that was you? The stories didn't mention anything about an eyepatch."

"It's a... recently acquired accessory." Jake said, touching the silk patch.

"But even if it was you," Blake went on, "I didn't see it with my own eyes, Stonevale did not directly benefit, and what have you done recently?"

"I've been tracking down this demon."

"Well your efforts and time were wasted," Blake growled. "Nosdyn is more honorable than you give him credit for."

"It's not a matter of honor," Jake spat, "he killed people. Good people. For that he has to pay."

"How's this." Blake said, crossing his arms. "I don't believe you. I think we should arrest you for assaulting a guardsman. Boys?"

The guardsmen drew cudgels and closed ranks, but Jake moved one step quicker. He shoved Nosdyn into those in front of him and whirled to menace those behind with his blade.
    Last edited by Jake Narmolanya; 06-02-2018 at 01:39 PM.