"Amari... I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have done that to you."

Scarlet had so much to say to those words. So many thoughts and responses ran through her head. Damn fuckin' right Madison shouldn't have. Where was Scarlet's death? Where was her reprieve from this wretched and cold world? Why the fuck did Madison get to go out in a literal blaze of glory whilst Scarlet picked up the pieces? And why did the plant-ridden bitch think she had the right to use a dead name like Amari?

"Amari is dead and you know it." Scarlet muttered as she pulled away from Madison and pushed crimson hair back and away from her face. Her trembling breathing stilled as she attempted to regain her composure. She was the current leader of the Crimson Hand, at last until Lye returned. She had to... she had to be strong and do away with stupid emotional outbursts like this. Fuck, its what got her in this mess in the first place. It's what got Madison killed. Granted..by her... but still.

Scarlet had always allowed Madison to call her by that name, a name that belonged to a person who no longer existed. Someone who had hope, someone who loved unconditionally and chased idealistic dreams and notions. Someone who wanted more for the world and those around her. Scarlet never really commented on Madisons use of her name. Madison was her best, and only friend. Scarlet didn't mind because when Madison called her Amari...it made her feel less empty, less alone but hearing that name from Madisons briarknit lips...she wasn't sure how to feel about it anymore.

"I always heard you. You had snide remarks about every fuckin' little thing I did..." She muttered as she stood and headed over to a dress mannequin. "Telling me I should drink more, even though I was pregnant. Chiding me for sleeping with the drow. Telling me he was an ass for taking advantage of a weeping woman...." Scarlet continued, speaking absently as she picked up a thick, plush dressing gown from the mannequin and draped it over herself. The black material dragged against the floor as she walked over to the closet. "Was that you? Was that actually you?" Scarlet asked as she turned over to look at Madison.

The briarheart woman shifted awkwardly on the floor, her four yellowed eyes seemingly shifting away from Scarlet. "No. You were just batshit insane. Listen I-"

'WOMPF'

Whatever words Madison had to say were muffled and lost in a ball of wrinkled clothing that Scarlet had thrown at her. Nothing too fancy, a pair of pants. An old shirt and jacket. All belonging to Lye. Scarlet doubted Madison wanted to wear any dresses - and she wanted to keep what little useful clothing she had for herself. Lye wasn't here. He wouldn't miss them.

Madisons face scrunched up as she began pawing through the discarded material. "Smells like sadness and anger."

"Mmm... I could really use that right now." There was a pause. Scarlet shook her head. "Lye, not the sadness or anger. I have enough of that in spades." Turning back to face Madison Scarlet gestured toward the door. "Shall I get a retainer to bring us some hot chocolate? I am sure you have a lot of questions. I think we both do."