Yvonne sat cross-legged at their table-for-two with her hands resting in her lap, one heeled foot twitching with a nervous tic. Coy and metallic eyes drank in Henry’s sheepish smile and the way he rubbed the back of his head. His nervousness seemed out of his hands compared with her own and sprang from her forwardness and unfamiliarity. She felt nervous because both valued friends and potential enemies shared the room, but with Henry her focus only fleeting glances checked on Fenn.

The coquettish half-blood smirked approvingly at the barmaid and made a mental note to tip the woman afterward, for her discretion. She was thankful to have an offsider wearing away at Henry’s inhibitions while she sat comfortably and watched his embarrassment unfold for all to see. The blush alone was worth another coin.

“I’d like a fruit bowl as an entree, with extra blackberries and a drizzle of honey on top. If ye would dear. Mayhap a sweet-wine ta go with, please and thank ye,” Yvonne requested. The wine might settle her nerves and she’d known the knavish puck long enough to understand particular foods would grab his attention more than others. Hopefully her entree would draw him away from that concerning haidian.

The barmaid scribbled the order onto a small scroll with a feathered quill. Before she’d finished the notations she posed another question.

“Would ye like some time to consider yer main course love?” Leilana offered.

“Oh, tha fisherman’s platter sounds delectable. We don’t have those where I be from, so I’ll try it,” the Alerian replied.

“An experience not to be missed, I assure ye,” the barmaid said. She gave Henry another look and spoke behind the cover of a hand. “Ye gone and found yerself an adventurous one. Trying new things she is,” she pointed out, nudging the minstrel with a gentle elbow. She giggled to herself as she made her way to the restaurant’s kitchen.

A slamming impact turned Yvy’s eyes. The golem artificial she’d met at the Minister’s Alehouse previously had arrived here too. How unusual that it kept cropping up in watering holes and mess halls, when it wouldn’t need sustenance like the rest of them. The black-skinned hybrid felt relieved it had joined them, whatever its inscrutable purposes, as its protection had already ensured her safety once before.

Perchance I might tamper with its wiring or rejigger its interface, command it ta protect us before the demon springs his trap. Teehee, he’ll never see it coming.

Yvonne grinned at Henry as though she was privy to an unspoken joke, feeling better - her foot-tapping tic entirely subsided.