Gasp. Lips open, back curving in a tight parabola. Desperate, haunting gulp of air. Hold it, let it fill the lungs, and -

I did not feel newly born, like I had died and come back. When that occurred there was a sense of peace and quiet over my body, a unwavering freshness that acknowledged the state I had been in, and that I was as healed and perfect as a newborn babe. Now however, I simply felt awakened, coming back to consciousness after a long night's rest. It was so similar to the process of sleeping, and then arising, that I found myself yawning to catch in the needed air for my lungs.

As I did I opened my eyes. My back finished it's arch and straightened, allowing me to sit up bold and remain in that position. As I swallowed in a few more larger breaths I glanced around, eyes swimming over the word I was in.

Currently, I was sitting on a large double bed, pushed up against the walls. Pieces of furniture were few but standard, with old wood suggesting either second hand or well used. A small window let in some bright light, letting me know it was still daytime, and so only an hour or so had passed. There was a doorway, with the object itself slightly ajar. Peering around I could see the extension of the house, a continuation of the overall scene that I had found myself in. I paused, then let the small amount of panic begin to set in.

Waking up in strange places was not a comfort to me. I had been trapped, too many times, and without my consent. Yet this situation was different, hence the only small amount of panic. I was not bound in anyway, which was a fantastic start, and the door was even open. I meant there was a second way out after the window, and -

What the hell? I looked down at myself and found that my new, cotton clothes were covered in blood. And there was a feeling of wet at my lips. Raising a hand past my long hair I touched them, then brought the fingers away to stare at them. Red liquid stained their tips. So, I had been fed, even if messily. That explained …

But was it her? Stare's friend? Was I still in her domain? I had to know. Drawing in breath I let out a word in a cautious voice.

“... Hello?”

She appeared in my vision. Speaking quickly. “OK first. Eteri didn't feed blood eteri threw it in air and landed on you. You no harm… “ she trailed off and lifted up her still bleeding arm. “Had accident so all OK? OK!”

I blinked and stared at the blue haired cat girl … I was sure they called themselves 'nekojin’ or something similar. Her pointed ears were expressive, slightly tilting downward. I took a moment to pause, take in the fact that I was not a prisoner, clearly, and that she had just given me what I needed. A sigh passed between my lips as I twisted around on the bed to face her, smoothing down my blood-splattered clothes.

“Right,” I said, though I was a little annoyed I had to admit she had been helpful. And I now felt a lot clear headed than I had before. “Well. Thank you,” I grumbled.

I stretched my arms a little and fixed my eyes on Eteri. “You were saying before about the kenku, Stare.”

Eteri’s face scrunched up, she didn’t seem to be bothered by the fact that she was still bleeding all over assumedly her bedroom floor. “Yes. Stare friend. Who are you?”

My eyes briefly looked down at where her blood trickled down her arm, then back to her eyes. Taking a pause I considered what she had said before about the 'angsty man’. The one with hair like mine.

“I am …” I paused, wondering how this woman would react to this revelation, “Vixen. I would be Stare's friend too had life been different. I am also,” I got ready in case of a sudden attack. Though, she was bleeding so was weak. “That angsty man's half sister. I think.”

“Ehh? Sister?” Eteri scrunched her face, her emotions easy to read. She was confused at the new information. Her arm reached up to nurse the still bleeding wound. “Is he drinking blood too? Is that why he so moody? Stare is private person Eteri think.” SHe gave a nod. “Eteri is sure of.”

She glanced down to her arm. “Mmm..Might need bottle and bandage.”

I raised my brow a little, the reaction having gone better than I thought. “No, from what I know of him he's not that … he's full part our father of what I have been told. I am half my mother who was … different.” I straightened a little. “He is moody? How many times have you met him?”

“Twice maybe. He silent lots. “ her ears twitched, “shows many worry for people close to him. Maybe not like bad. Still grumpy.

I nodded slowly, interested and invested in this rare opportunity to find out more about my stranger brother. “Thank you, cat,” I said quietly. “And yes. You should stop the bleeding.”