“Eh?” I watched as droplets of blood lifted from the floor then wobbled and warbled and then solidified before falling back down against the wooden boards.

Tink.

Tink.

Tink.

I blinked then looked up at Nevin. “Oh. Is Thief.” I replied. The now dead man had come into the store asking for Nevin, when I told him that Nevin wasn’t here he pretty much jumped me. Demanding I give him everything we had as he brandished some piddly little knife. I had my own injuries. My ribs were in a lot of pain and I had bruises all over my torso. I was bleeding with several small cuts along my arms and legs but thankfully my attire hid that. As did his blood.

I ripped into him. Quite literally. His soul was ugly anyway. All tattered and bits of black and dark green. Totally gross. I turned my wide, yellow eyes to the dead man. His black hair and clothing dripping in blood. “Ah...made mess huh? Try clean!” I said happily as I picked up the brush and shuffled over to the table on my knees.

I heard Nevin sigh. “Eteri… why did you...you killed him? Are- are you ok?”

I nodded happily. “Mmm! Still have his soul. Is ugly but you said can use them to make Eteri live longer yes?” I paused to pull a vial out of my pocket and placed it on top of the dead man’s torn chest. “Here. Can get more if want.” I didn’t mind. Killing the man was easy enough and he was the one attacking me. If Nevin asked me to, I’d do it to others. I’d do anything he wanted of me. Nevin was my god, after all. I didn’t see the reason, but I’d have no aversion to killing if he straight up told me to. My tail swished side to side, thumping against the wood in a steady rhythm as I hummed softly.

I watched as the man’s blood swirled around in a spiral, swirling into the air before pooling into the sink - but, curiously, not going down the drain. Nevin must have done something to prevent it. I heard him step up behind me, and his arms wrapped around my waist, pulling me into his embrace. “Are you OK, my love? I - you know I can feel your blood.” His voice was soft. “I don't like it when you're hurt.”

I blinked and tilted my head to the side. “Eh? Just small pains. Am fine.” I let go of the cleaning brush and ignored it as it clattered to the floor. I swiveled around and pressed my face into his chest. I inhaled deeply. “Mmm Nevin smell nice.” I rubbed my face into his clothing. “Eteri promise is ok.” I felt fine, better than fine- well aside from the pain in my ribs and the few scratches. I didn’t want him to worry. I pulled away from him. “Ah! Next time Eteri won’t make such mess ok?”

“Make all the mess you need, love. Trash the shop, if it means you don't get hurt next time this happens.” I felt tiny pinpricks along my back, and warmth flowed into me. This wasn't the deep, dangerous healing that ripped him apart to do but - more like when he drank from me. He learned his head down and pressed his lips to mine gently.

I Grinned and all too happily returned the kiss, wrapping my bloodied arms around his torso as I pressed further, deepening the kiss. We toppled to the floor entangled in each others arms. I adored moments like these. Feeling him pressed up against me, the wandering warmth of his hands as they travelled down my back to rest on my backside. I purred into the kiss until he pulled away.

“E-Eteri you know I can’t control myself when you do that.”

I grinned mischievously. “Yes. I know.” I wriggled my body, in just the right way. He groaned softly and pushed me back so he could sit himself up.

“As much as I want to...we need to sort out this body, and Eteri my love - hmm. I don't know if I can use the soul as it is to keep you alive, but, do you know of a way of doing it yourself? I don't have the materials yet for the process I know of.” His hands stayed on me despite pushing me back, and his fingers were gently squeezing even now. “Hmm. I can't manipulate life force within quiescent forms, or directly in souls. But… Love? Think you could knock the next idiot who tries this out?” There was an odd, darker edge to his slow smile.

I slowly nodded. “Yes…” I didn’t have the answers he needed. I had no way of doing the things he wanted. I couldn’t manipulate souls in such a way, my forte was in seamstress work, not in using them for alchemy or magic. “Eteri can go find. Knock out and bring back?” I asked, my voice quiet as I watched him. Enamoured with him and his gentle touches. The way his dark eyes drank in the entirety of me, and the soft wisps of red that danced across his tired and pale skin. Damn...I loved this man so much. Was it wrong to be so irrevocably in love with your own deity? Did that even matter?

I shifted my hands to his legs and squeezed them tightly, refusing to move from my position within his lap. I could feel how aroused he was, but I didn’t care. I’d wait for that. “Nevin...Eteri would do anything for you.”

His lips curled into a softer smile. “I've noticed, love.. Sometimes it is hard to keep you from doing things for me.” He raised an eyebrow, teasing me with his words. “And I would do anything for you, my Eteri. I - cherish the life we have together. Being with you is the happiest I have been.” He leaned down and pressed a kiss against my neck.

I wriggled more in his lap as I craned my neck to allow him more room. He held me a bit tighter as he nibbled and sucked gently on my skin, leaving a soft bruise on my flesh. “I will find a way to keep you alive, dear. We don't need to go hunting down idiots - but if they come to us… Well. The fools in this area already have been warned not to mess with me or mine. And you, are mine.” His possessive growl rolled across my ear. I couldn’t help but sink into his grip, melt against his warmth. That tone...that possessiveness. It drove me wild, and yet at the same time it sedated me. It felt so right to be spoken to like that by him. To have him claim me in my entirety. He didn’t care that I was covered in another man's blood. He didn’t care that I had just committed a murder. He was only worried about me.

My silly god