I spent the last few hours comforting Nevin In both word and body. He had his fill of my blood, and his hands had their fill of my body, and well..my body certainly filled with his. Damn…Even thinking back on it made me antsy. I wriggled on the bed and bit my lower lip. No. No… I’d be a good girl. I wouldn’t tempt him any more than I already had. Of course all I did was lick his cheek, apparently that was enough for him to quite literally rip off my bloody clothes, pull me into the shower and…

I shook my head. No! Bad Eteri. Think unsexy thoughts.

Although I would have loved to lie writhing under him all night. I was already dressed and watching him as he tightened his belt, a coy smile on my lips. “Hiding Eteris favourite.” I mused. He blinked and looked up at me, and a slow, languid smile curved his lips for a moment, his eyes glittering with affection and lust. He rolled his hips smoothly, teasing me before he reached down and picked up his shirt. He didn't pull it on just yet, instead staring at me in thought.

“Trust me, love. Once this is done I will definitely need more of that.” His voice was soft, but steady now, far more than it had been earlier. Good.

I stood and brushed my shrine maiden outfit down, thankful I now had multiples of the same outfit, a gift from my sister. The other had been bloodied, and discarded somewhere in the bathroom.. “How Eteri look?” I asked. He snorted and wordlessly stalked over to me, he wrapped an arm tightly around my waist and pulled me into a kiss. I murmured into it as he growled possessively. He broke away from the kiss and his lips danced against my ear. “You belong to me, I'm doing this for you. Understand?”

I nodded as my tail swished side to side. Dammit we only just got dressed. My fingers trailed up his bare skin. Fingers carefully dancing over the small scars on his chest from his last run in with the gallery. “Eteri understand.” I breathed. He gave me one final squeeze before letting go.

“And as for an actual answer - you look.. Fitting fit your place as my priestess, and my lady.” He grinned softly and rolled his shoulders. It was now that he actually pulled on his shirt, obscuring the scars and marks on his skin from his charge into the flames to save me.

Before heading off I padded over to the dresser and pulled open the draw that Nevin said I could put my stuff in. I picked up a series of silver bells, each with red ribbon. I looped one bell through each ear and wrapped one around my tail. It was a tradition with my family and their customs so it felt right to wear them now. I stiffened, body rigid as Nevin’s fingers curled around my tail, toying with the small bell, making it jingle. I heard a soft, amused chuckle before he was against my back, and his teeth nipped my ear. “You'll need to keep these on, afterwards, my Eteri. I want to make them ring.” His voice was a warm, low growl.

“That indecent!” I huffed. His fingers traced my jawbone. “And so were you earlier my love.” He laughed as he sauntered over to the bedroom door and held it open. I slapped my cheeks to hide my blush. He was more confident and possessive. I both loved and hated it. I loved it because it felt right to see him that way. I hated it because I felt…. He just knew how to play me.

I followed him out the door, and out the shop. It was beginning to get dark out. There only people in the streets were tired people either heading off to work, or home from work.

Nevin wrapped an arm possessively around my waist and held me closer. I glanced up at him. He held a stern and steady gaze. His jovial banter shifting to a mood suited to the task at hand.

“Eteri…” I paused and cleared my throat. Trying to speak properly. “I… am here for you. If you wish to stop all you is having to do is say so. Remember I am ok… with life span.”

“I will not stop. You are mine, my love. I do not wish to even think of having to live without you. I may not be entirely happy with this but, my qualms are nothing compared to keeping you with me longer.” His voice was steady and hard as he turned his dark gaze onto me. This was Nevin dedicated to a task - a side I only saw when he was focused on some alchemical task - or, on me when we were being intimate.

I nodded. He knew how I felt. Repeating it would Be silly at this point. I wanted to ease the tension in the air but he was too focused. Instead I tightened the grip I had on his arm and hummed softly, the bells chiming in time to my steps.

We rounded the corner to the docks and we were greeted with an unusual sight. “Eh?” two men in white suits and masks stood either side of a dark wooden palanquin, which had crimson chiffon dropped over it. The interior was adorned in red and white cushions. Forgetting the severity of the situation I let go of nevin and approached it. “Ah…. Pretty what is?”