I was relieved. I had been working on this for the past week and it… It Would change how he felt. Such a large part of him had now been sewn in together. Two separate and broken things now whole.

“Was worried you may feel off. “ I Mumbled into his chest as he held me tight. “Am glad. You sure you ok Nevin?” He chuckled, deep in his chest, the sound vibrating through his clothes against my cheek.

“No, no. If anything, I feel - better. Like there’s… Like this feeling of - I don't know. Unease, maybe? Whatever it was, it was gone now. And I hadn't even noticed it was there until it was gone.” Strong fingers stroked my back, running up and down my spine as he spoke.

I grinned as I stepped away. Looking up at him. “Eteri did good, so food soon?” Now that I knew he was well… apparently better than ever I didn't have to be so cautious. I felt a wave of excited energy course through me as I started to bounce up and down. Dark red eyes locked onto me as I did so, twitching up and down slightly with each bounce.

“Is meat? Is rabbit? Oh, oh… is lots? Eteri smell good!” He grinned, a flash of teeth darting through his lips.

“Yes love. Lots of rabbit meat. Go wash up, it's skewers tonight.” He pushed me towards the bathroom with red threads as he turned around, and his deft hands returned to what he'd been doing when I came into the kitchen.

I huffed. I didn't need to clean up. But… he asked so… I Headed to the bathroon, it'd help me relieve some of this energy. I assumed it was a rush of adrenaline from knowing I helped him. I was so close to finishing it… FiFinishing linking his two souls.

I grinned then bounded down the hall toward the bathroon, crashing through the door as it bounced off the hinges. I I eard an amused snort echo down the hall. “If you break things, I'll make you repair them, pet.” Nevin sounded amused though, not angry.

Break things? How silly I wouldn't do that. I snorted as I padded over to the sink and turned it on full bore and used the running water to wash my hands. I splashed my face with the then turned and ran back down the hall.

“Am back!” I exclaimed as I burst back into the kitchen. I leaped over a chair and landed on the table, it skidded across the room a few inches and I laughed. “See no break!” He looked over his shoulder at me, and I could see his eyes glinting in amusement as he shook his head.

“Pet - I said wash up, not splash your face. There's still water on that cute chin of yours. And you left the water running, I can hear it from here.” He wagged a red thread in my face, the familiar appendage darting out to stroke my cheek, wiping the water he mentioned from my skin as he chuckled and rolled a ball of minced meat back and forth in his hand, coating it in some kind of bread crumbs before he stabbed it with a bamboo skewer.

My smile faded. I didn't really feel like having a shower. Fine. I'd have one but I'd do it in a way that annoyed him. I huffed as I pushed myself off the table and did my best to stomp down the hall, to no avail. Damn me and my light feet.

Once again I entered the bathroom and turned the sink tap off before shrugging off my clothes. I paused when I caught my reflection. Yellow eyes stared back at me. My face glistened with the dewy appearance of water. My hair had a permanent red streak in it. I looked normal. So why was my heart beating with a ferocity that would burst my chest? I frowned as I turned on the shower and waited for the water to hit perfect temperature.

I stepped in and sighed as it hit my back. Dammit… I didn't want to sit still in the shower. I wanted to eat then I wanted to run through the streets, the moon at my back and the cool summer breeze in my face. I wanted to feel the loamy earth beneath my bare feet.

Maybe it was because I was so cooped up lately. I had to restrain myself. To be good in front of Stare and Elsmith and even Vixen. It was frustrating.

The bathroom door swung open, and I could see through the curtain as Nevin came in, his head tilted to one side. He paused for a moment, then laughed, a low, rolling laugh that I hadn't heard in a while. “Eteri, love. I meant wash your hands, not take a full shower.”

I blinked. “What! But… eh I did! You!” I stepped out the shower and pointed an accusatory finger at him. “YOU SAID! SO ETERI SHOWER! “ I threw my hands up in exasperation. “I no want shower!” dammit why wasnt he more concise… Still the way he laughed almost made it worth it. “Here.. I turn off.. “ I turned to shut the water off.

I felt long, strong fingers curl around me, pulling me against him as he kissed my ears - and I felt his teeth nip the base of one ear as I stood with my hand on the shower knob. “Feeling cooped up, pet?” He murmured against my ear.

Damn how did he know? I bit my lower lip as I turned the shower off. “Mm… yes… BuBut is OK.” I felt goosebumps rise upon my skin as his warm breath hit the wet skin of my ears. They twitched, flicking water into his face. He chuckled, and his tongue traced against the edge of my ear before he whispered.

“Well, I can't have that. After dinner, how would you feel about going out? My little one deserves a treat for her hard work.” His fingers curled tighter into my skin as he spoke.

I shifted my weight from side to side. I adored this, it clouded my mind and I forgot for just a moment that I had boundless energy. His fingers clawed their way into my hip bones as he pulled me against him. I felt the rough ruffle of his clothing and how very obviously hard he was, and could smell the lingering scent of his work mingling with the scent of the meal he prepared. “N.. Nevin… “ I whined. He knew that it was close to my cycle. Why did he have to do this?

Instead I tried to focus on the prospect of going out. I leaned my head back and tilted it into his neck. “Would like. V-very much.” I felt him laugh, pressing his body harder into mine for a moment.

“Mmm, would you now. Well, I won't go back on my word. And - if you still have energy afterwards, I know another good way of.. Exercising.” The last word was drawn out, in a low, growly tone that dragged across my ears as he kissed my jaw.

He WAS doing this on purpose. “Nevin!” I scolded as I turned in his grip and in one quick motion slipped a leg underneath him as I pushed him to the floor. We both tumbled downward and I now sat atop him, stradling his waist. His eyes were dark and sultry as he smirked up at me, his hands dropping to my hips.

“Yes, pet?”

“You stop! You know what does to Eteri!” I grumbled and then wriggled to illustrate my point. “You not being fair.” and he wasn't. I wanted more now. I wanted food, I wanted to run and oh how I wanted him.

“I'm not the one being fair? Me? Says the seductive woman I love, riding me with nothing on?” His tone was mock-affronted, a land one of his hands slid from my hip to rest on my stomach, his thumb dipping dangerouslyl, pleasurably low. One red eyebrow arched upwards as he stared at me challenglingly.

Dammit… he had me there. I gave a small murmur as I lowered to lay on his chest. I couldn't help but melt in his grip. “food… “ I managed to mumble. Trying to bring the focus off of his raging boner and my own heated body.

He kissed me once and chuckled. “It has to cook, love. Go get dressed.” He said as I finally slid off him and picked a towel off the floor, wrapping it around me. I felt a sharp sting across ass cheeks - he had swatted me with a thick red tendril as he sat up, his eyes locked on my form. “Go, love.” His voice was rough, hungry.

Where did that come from? My eyes widened in shock as I stared down at him. He grinned back. I shifted past him, jumping as he slapped me again this time with the flat of his palm.

…

I needed to get dressed.

I headed to the room and found a loose shirt and a pair of shorts. The nights were warm and I needed little clothing. Especially now… FuFuck… Dammit. I loved him but dammit.

If I wasn't energetic and antsy before I sure as hell was now.

By the time I had finished changing and brushing my hair he was back in the kitchen. Humming happily.

“Want me work more on your soul while you cook? “ I offered. I needed something to distract myself. Anything.