The wind passed across the town of Stonevale.

It was fairly warm that day, when Nosdyn realized that the girl would likely not join him...he sighed.

"Very well. You are free to do whatever you wish." Nosdyn told her. "I am sorry about that by the way...I can't turn it off." He turned to look at his two companions. "Okay first order of business after that is to get towards where the target is." Nosdyn looked at his friend Karl and the mysterious blue demon thing. Nosdyn did not know what Spark was, so he just assumed that the fellow was just a member of this or that demon tribe.

Nosdyn produced a flier from his packs, it was a wanted poster.

The creature drawn on the poster was a beast native to The Brokenthorn Forest. It was a particularly aggressive predatory creature and that month was their mating season making them far more dangerous. The creature in question belonged to a particularly violent species of forest drakes. Cousins of the dragon species. Nosdyn handed Spark the job flier. "That is the target. A substantial reward is being offered for proof of it's demise."

"That's Ol' Red Horn you're after?" Karl suddenly asked. He was actually excited about the prospect of the hunt.

Nosdyn blinked and looked at Spark and Karl. "Yeah. You know of the beast in question?"

Karl rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "When it first came down from the mountain ranges. I got badly hurt with a hunting part...he's part of the reason I ended up in my current state of being before you came along." Karl nodded. "You just gave me a chance to redeem myself and my family." At that point Karl became a little distant. "Thayne's bless their souls."

Nosdyn listened to Karl's story..he respected the fellow more at that point. He then turned to look at Spark. "When you're ready we'll head out to where the creature is located. I been eagerly looking forward to testing my knowledge against a deadly monster."

"Ol' Red Horn lies beyond the western ridge." Karl explained. "I no longer carry a weapon so you will have to arm me."

"I don't expect you to fight, Karl." Nosdyn said. "But I do agree that I have to arm you." Nosdyn carefully thought about that as he waited for Spark's response. Then they would go hunt the target.