What did he say that set him off?

The half-giant lifted Hayate off his feet with such rage behind his eyes and gritted teeth that it sent shivers down the Akashiman’s spine. A metal coating began to take hold of his arm and Hayate thought this was going to be his end. But as quickly as things started to get out of control they settled and John let the ninja go.

What did Hayate just see? John quelled the long tendrils of metal as if caging a beast back within him. Little did the half-giant know Hayate knows what it looks like to suppress your emotions, he's had a lot of practice himself.They had more in common than he would have thought.

After a moment John spoke up and started to look at the schematics Hayate gave him. And for the first time in a long time things were starting to look up for the last of the Amatsukami. His fear turned into jubilation as he watched John sit down at his desk and begin to assemble his material. The amount of blacksmiths Hayate had gone to that just insulted him for even asking them to attempt such a thing was ridiculous. And the fact that he found the one man skilled enough to make him whole again erased any malcontent on his part towards John.

But everything came with a catch, two oaths…

Hayate thought it over for a moment. Carefully thinking about what each request would mean for the boy. The first was to reveal his knowledge of the upcoming war which was admittedly a simple decision. The Brotherhood was a known organization around Corone and beyond and they had already publicly announced there intentions.

“I Amatsukami Hayate, last of my bloodline and Bastard son of Akashima, swear to you these things.” he started as he stepped down off his stool and over to his belongings. With his good hand he fished through his pile and grabbed his dagger that he was about to hand to John to be used. Gently he brought the tip of the dagger up to his left shoulder and made a slight nick, enough to cause a small stream of blood.

“I am a soldier of The Brotherhood of Castigars, we are lead by a man by the name Storm Veritas.” he said as he tossed the dagger onto the table by John.

“ I’ve largely stayed out of the politics of it all, but he believes that in his hands all of Corone could be better place. If they weren’t the only thing keeping me safe and outside the reaches of the Assembly and Hiruzen I would just sooner stay out of the whole thing.” It was the truth after all. Things were begging to get long winded but Hayate was far from done. John deserved nothing less for accepting his job.

“They plan to march on Radasanth, and between us, they will do whatever it takes.” he finished.

John didn’t look to happy about that part.

“And as for returning, after all the fighting is done I swear to you John, you’ll see me again.”

Fin