Everyone in the pub stopped dancing and drinking, all eyes wide opened in shock over the brief tussle that took place. The woman did not care. She just watched the young girl stand there stupidly. She tilted her head as she eyed her. Felicity Knopsnider appeared so much stronger, physically, than before. Her toned neanderthal frame was mixed with tame human youth. Her hair was pulled back in a long braid. Her hair was longer, now reaching a bit above her waist. She had completely new equipment and even weapons. Her outfit consisted of a dark ebony shirt, ranger jacket, and low green pants. Her new sword appeared to be in excellent condition, even better than her own damascus hand-in-a-half sword. The shield leaned against the counter side seemed a much better wood than oak or pine as well.

Just her appearance was enough to make her proud, despite the girl's naive stature.

Immediately after speaking her name with that lisp, she blinked, gaped mouth struggling, "-I-I mean Ayleth! - I mean-"

"Ashla." The woman responded, "It's Ashla."

Behind the confused girl, the barkeep had his hands in his hair, screeching, "My beautiful table!"

Indeed, the round table the half-neanderthal punched her assailant into was halved. Sighing, Ashla walled over to the counter, footsteps pounding as her leg armor jingled. She pulled a pouch of money out and dropped it on the table. The thud was followed with the sound of coin slithering around inside. "Here is payment for expenses. I apologize." Turning from him, she called to her cat, "Come, Fireleaf."

As the cat followed her, she grabbed Felicity's jacket collar and dragged her towards the door.

"Butbutbutbut…" Felicity childishly extended her hands towards her broken bowl of sweet strawberry deliciousness as she let Ashla drag her out.

Well, the select few none-intoxicated people here had interesting stories to tell later…

~~~

Outside the door, the simple stairway led into bustling dirt roads. As people and carts passed by, Ashla let go of Felicity.

The girl grabbed her throat from the stress being yanked caused. She warily watched the older girl from the sides of her green eyes. Ashla waited. Looking at her tiny frame, Felicity raised an eyebrow, "You look awful…"

"Don't remind me," Ashla sighed, stepping off the porch.

As she walked off, she heard Felicity chase after her. While the girl could not see it, she just barely cracked a faint smile. Felicity seemed nervous, walking just behind her. Her shadow alone showed a lowered head and nervously dancing fingers. As the cat dodged the girls' feet, Ashla had an idea to break the awkwardness.

"Fireleaf instantly recognized you."

"Yeah…" Felicity nodded, but slipped back into silence.

There were too many open wounds for this kind of talk, or silence.

Ashla stopped, closing her mismatched eyes. Ew, it smells like horse waste… As dust swirled where the travelers came to a halt, all other folks just passing them by, she opened her eyes again. She spoke again, hoping that she could reach to her old friend. "I think there's a diner around the corner…"