Koreena’s heart swelled with hope when she saw the beautiful raven haired girl that was Selena. The fire in her back seemed to dull for a moment as she tried to struggle against the chains. They had rubbed her wrist raw but still she fought. “Don’t - touch her - you bastard!” She said breathlessly.

“That’s right struggle, the poison will kill you faster!” Asaph hissed as he advanced on Selena, dagger drawn.

Kora gasped as it felt like someone had injected acid into her veins. The breath hitched in her breast as she went blind with pain. Black vines spread across the skin that hadn’t been marred from the leech whip. Beads of sweat started to collect on her brow as she felt like her entire body was set ablaze.

“Out … Selena… get… out...go…” She groaned, warm tears slide down her cheeks.

Selena did not watch as her guard was able to concentrate his battle solely on one person now. He had a large cut to his upper arm, but then the other man had a slice on his skull. She, on the other hand … was less evenly matched. Asaph clearly had more warrior experience.

“I am a Princess of the underworld Rahl,” she hissed, “daughter to the King of Death, and you there have my friend. You have made an enemy of my father's kingdom tonight.”

She began to circle him.

Fear gripped Kora as she watched the petite woman get ready to lay down her life. Please don’t fail me now… She pleaded to the Mother Goddess. Even with the fire of the poison working its way through her veins she was not going to let her friend fight alone. She closed her eyes, her brows knit together, a mixture of pain and focus on her face. She called to water, the water that made of over half of the Collector’s body. She couched it, beckoned it to come to her.

The large man froze for a moment, he could feel something wrong within his own body. She tried to separate the cells, of his blood. She felt like she was on the cusp of almost passing out as she stopped in his stance. “Now - Selena…” She gasped almost losing the grip on the magic that kept the Prince in his place.

Selena breathed in sharply, then suddenly darted forwards, eyes bright and scarlet. Her knife went as swift as she did as she cried out, the prince staring at her with wide as he was stuck frozen. A smile came to her face as she darted forwards, blade flashing and she aimed right for his throat.

With the Prince’s body immobile Kora had to focus but unconsciousness was slowly starting to claim her. A few more moments.. She thought in a daze of confusion that seemed to be rolling in like an unwelcome fog. Her vision blurred but she knew she heard his throat open like a fountain once he started to make gurgling noises on his own blood.

In the corner of her eye KC saw her mother. The magic fleeting from her as she struggled against the chains. “Mom!” She called out, on the other side of the room she saw Charon. He closed the distance towards her mother. “Charon? What are you doing?” Her eyes no longer had an iris or a pupil. The were pure white, as if she were blind. Charon’s own blade plunged into her mother’s chest. “NO!” She cried out before passing out.