As the dust settled he didn’t see Felicity standing in front of him, instead he saw the face of another. Instantly he grew nauseous, fighting back the grimacing churn of his stomach acids, his face grew pale and Hayate began to sweat. As tears began to form in Felicity’s eyes Hayate could only see the face of Grell. Flashes of the past overwhelmed the Shinobi, mountains of bloody rubble, the orphans in the keep, her face as Hayate left them behind. It was a shock but one he was familiar with, he wore his sins like a badge of honor. And he saved their lives...

The commotion outside had begun to swirl as more and more soldiers filled the street, pointing up to his second floor office and the both of them. They marveled at the destruction and those who caused it, some even cheered for their general.

“I’m sorry…” the words left the shinobi’s lips as she shook of the visions of the past, seeing Felicity once more. “I don’t know what’s right and wrong anymore, and I’m trying to figure that out for myself. For so long I’ve lived for others, serving one master or another, always for selfish reasons. But for the first time I can remember I fight for the innocent, those who would have a better world under our protection.”

Hayate turned to the door of his office, one of the only things left in scathed by the two. If this was a real fight she had won it with her first attack, presuming her bloodlusted state would have overwhelmed him relatively quickly. With some fancy footwork he scooped up his cloak he discarded earlier before checking the liquor cabinet. To his delight one large bottle of the good stuff survived which he quickly pocketed gleefully.

“I see why Lord Osiris likes you,” he said before taking another large swig of brown liquid courage, carelessly covering himself in dribble. “Now prove to them who the hell you are!”

The rabble outside grew in numbers, it was her moment to proclaim her position.

“Let then hear your name, announce yourself… General...” He pointed dully towards the gaping hole in the wall. “And clean up your new office!”