"Your adoptive parents were enemies of Alerar. Your grandfather stole weapons that were very important to my glorious country. It took multiple trips here to fully reclaim what was ours. You must shed no tears for traitors. Follow me."

She paid her needed amount for the equipment and started stuffing her new things into the pack she had bought with them. She only used one arm for this, as her other hand was placed on her forehead in frustrated thought. As she left the store, dropping the basket by the door, she was once again greeted with Alerar's grim atmosphere. She looked up at it, feeling betrayed by the grand illusions of grander that her master had given her. Alerar was far from paradise, no matter how great its technology. This place was a dump. It was no wonder such slime could crawl from here...

Shaking her head, the girl went down the steps again. With no desire to feel buffeted by the blurred crowds in front of her again, she decided to take another path. The back-ways, off roads between these two story buildings, could potentially lead her out of town. Thus, she turned from the busy, dull main way and ducked between the store and its neighbor. She soon found herself looking up at drapped out laundry and dodging dark elf children playing with wind up toys. Hanuh remembered having one, given to her by him as a way to show her the greatness of his kingdom - or - future kingdom. It was not his yet...

Her eyes narrowed as she remembered that it was her job to make sure it never did become his.

As she turned a corner to bleak, stone buildings with no windows, she readjusted the uncomfortable straps of her pack. Lifting her staff to where it rested on her shoulder, she made way to the end of the thin, small corner when-

- "Hey, look! A lost traveler! I wonder what goodies she brought from over seas!"