Fog somehow crept up around the area.

He was not sure why, but fog seemed fairly common in the swampland area he was currently within. He noticed it, there was sections of brick on the made road that had been carefully sabotaged...he sighed. But before his mind could piece together anything else...he heard a woman's call for help. The old sorcerer would have jumped at the chance to help someone in the past...but not after all that the mistress...Miranda had done to him. His eyes narrowed and he maneuvered in the direction he heard the cry for help from.

His eyes went wide there, a small group of something similar to dire wolves was attacking a lone woman.

They are tearing her apart. I have to intervene here... He thought to himself, he readied his staff in a centered combat position and ran at the nearest wolf. He wasn't ever a speedy type of combatant, but he was no slouch. He was physically fit for an elderly type, he swung his oak staff at the nearest of the wolves. Aiming at the head of the creature he hoped to the gods, that his strike would connect. He had a chance to study the woman before him...she was exotic looking. Archanex did not know what was considered beautiful or not by normal Althanas women, but he had seen enough of them to see beauty in the woman before him.

There was a beauty everywhere if one knew where to look.

An eternity felt like it passed when he swung at the wolf's head. So intent were they on making a quick meal of the woman they did not notice Archanex come in for the attack. He bashed the first wolf hard across the side of it's skull, and the wolf yelped loudly. It went crashing a few paces away, Archanex was not physically weak, but he was quite skilled with his chosen weapon. The wolf looked up at Archanex with a knowing fear of the old man.

Concentrating, Archanex had summoned up the mana energy necessary for a single fully powered energy bolt...the intent to kill was there. To protect the woman before him, he would kill the dire wolves. His eyes narrowed, the wolves saw the glowing energy in the old man's hands...and somehow respected the Overmage's power. They decided to go hunt safer prey at that point and ran off. Archanex held on to his energy bolt for a moment longer before dismissing it, and looked towards the woman. "You're hurt." He said carefully and noticed the injury on her arm, she was bleeding. "I know a bit of herbology I am going ot try to cover your injury." He ripped a sleeve off his own robe, and used some solvent ingredients he'd prepared in the safe house. "This will sting a little, but you seem like a strong woman I am sure you won't mind." He smiled softly at her and wrapped her injury, after cleaning it himself.