And she goes straight for the close and personal attack, Rehtul thought. Perhaps she hadn't changed as much as he thought. He would concede, of course, that she appeared to understand what she was doing far more than before, but... Well, perhaps showing her a thing or two he learned wouldn't be a bad idea. Instead of trying to dodge backward, Rehtul brought his own sword up to catch hers. What would be considered strange, if Felicity had been paying attention, was that a shard of the ice had detached from his wrist mounted blade and slithered up his arm, across his shoulder, and into his other waiting hand, leaving a clean hook on the back part of his sword, where he intended to catch her own.

Rehtul wrenched his sword in a twisting motion, intent on using Felicity's own momentum in an attempt to flip her into the mud beneath their feet while dodging outside the range of her other hand.

I had to learn from that water caster... Being fluid in one's movements and allowing one's creations to change shape to suit your need is an intriguing idea. I suppose I could learn to be a bit more flexible in my approach to situations, he thought.

"I dunno... I've been sticking with what I'm good at, and it hasn't gotten me very far. I think some flexibility in one's approach could prove valuable from time to time," Rehtul said. Once out of Felicity's way, Rehtul would use the shard he had slipped off the back of his own blade, twist it into a throwing dagger, and launch it from his voluminous white sleeve with the speed of a striking viper at her chest.