Rehtul couldn't help but be amused at Shinsou's claim that he had held back. It wasn't particularly surprising, after all. Someone with that much power, holding back was basically second nature. Rehtul himself knew of the need to do so to avoid indiscriminately killing anyone who mildly annoyed him. He swung his feet back and forth as Shinsou tried his best to engage in small talk with him. It was a nice attempt, but not what the mage had come for.

With a slight smirk Rehtul said, "Yes, you've earned all the answers you want. First, I'm not surprised you were holding back. Had you not blinded yourself I'm certain you'd have won handily. On to what is most likely on your mind, however." The mage straightened out his coat, as the feeling of the high thread count cotton against his skin helped to keep his focus. He dropped down from the stone slab that Shinsou had occupied moments earlier and began pacing the room.

"The first answer, my reason for asking you here was twofold. One, a test of your might and mettle. I heard from a shared acquaintance of ours, one Felicity Rhyolite, that she thought you in need of her protection. I know of you by reputation, and found it hard to believe that you would need that. I wanted to know if she considered you so weak or if it was simply her misplaced altruism. Based on our encounter earlier, I believe it to be the latter."

Rehtul turned and let his steely blue eyes behold the other man with a slight smile as he continued, "My second reason, if I found the answer to my inquiry to be satisfactory, was to display my own skills as a sort of... demonstration."

His footsteps echoed in the nearly empty room as he continued to pace with both hands behind his back.

"I've heard through my network of contacts what has happened to your organization, the Brotherhood. I know what it's like to have something precious ripped from your hands by someone you thought you could trust. As such..." Rehtul eyes seemed to glow in the shadows covering his face.

"I want to offer my assistance to your cause. My knowledge, my network of contacts, my powers, all at your disposal, should you choose to hire me. The only thing you don't get access to is my family. I don't tend to involve them in my business affairs, unless there is a very pressing need for it." There it was, laid out as plain as day. The question that loomed over Rehtul's head now was whether that would satisfy the man, and more importantly, whether or not he would think to accept the deal. After all, very few knew Rehtul well enough to be familiar with his networks or the full extent of his power and knowledge.

There was much else to discuss, but this felt like the most pressing answer that needed to be given first.