Level completed: 99%,
    EXP required for next Level: 52

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Neanderthal/ Human Hybrid

View Profile
    Felicity scowled. Daisuke loved his coin, and he had begged the other customer for silence. Horrifically, the customer agreed. The man's long white hair a lithe figure was right behind Felicity as they all entered the back room. It was as dreary as Felicity remembered it. Multiple potion tables and concoctions flooded the barely lit room. Felicity coughed in the dust accumulation. The only difference here was a large table at the adjacent wall from the entrance. It had bindings on them. Felicity gulped, she knew someone else was going to suffer the same fate as her.

As the door closed behind them, Daisuke turned around and pushed his glasses up. "Recap, Felicity. What do you know?"

Felicity leaned against one of the tables, frowning, "A friend of yours was working on the serum, you were barely involved and knew little about it. You tested it on me to find out what it does. In other words, you were neglectful and reckless with a force you didn't know how to weild."

Daisuke scoffed, "That is what I told you, yes. - Except that last part. Now, the entire time I tutored you, what did we do?"

"We ran tests, took blood samples, researched. We found out it's somewhat similar to nuclear energy mixed with biology, but that was it. Nothing on how to control it, or why I lose control. Or how it keeps evolving in me."

Aa Felicity sat on the table, Daisuke nodded, "We did that, yes. But what if I told you I was a lot more involved than I said? What if I already knew most of what you described, and more?"

Felicity looked up with wide, shocked eyes, "What!"

Daisuke nodded, crossing his arms, "I needed to lie to you to keep you around. If the testing I did need to do were to work, you needed to believe we both knew nothi-"

Felicity's feet slammed into the floor as she jumped down, "All that effort I put in! All the pain! Having to take blood to thinners to reduce the effects of my nuclear energy! All that research, and for something you already knew!"

Daisuke seethed, "You're emotional, Felicity-"

"--Of course I'm bloody emotional! Did you know this power was uncontrollable! Did you know it would be a crutch to me for the rest of my life!"

... "Yes."

Felicity gasped, taking a step forward and raising her fist. "Liar! Traitor! You promised it would be safe!"

Daisuke took a step back. Felicity paused midway towards her target. Her muscular arm shook as a he spoke, "I was positive someone with your fortitude and connection to magic could handle it."

"I was a child!" Felicity threw her arm, "I was only fourteen! And you lied! Said the serum was safe and wouldn't cause harm! You lied through your teeth! My blood became more slush than liquid before I took blood thinners! My powers can't tell the difference between friend and foe and hurt everyone! I'm so flooded with some kind of rage, I have woken up to having killed someone!"

Daisuke blinked, calm. "A lot of these problems could have been fixed if you had stayed. But you didn't like me selling tonics I worked hard on and left."

"You created poisons! You sold death in a bottle! I left because you're an immoral crook!"

Daisuke scoffed, "Your sense of morality holds you back, girl. When will you see-"

-*Ding!*

Another customer. Daisuke stopped and smoothed out his clothes. "I shall return. Don't touch anything, either of you."

Daisuke walked out, leaving his customers alone. As the door closed behind him, Felicity raised her hand and grasped her face.

"Not to tell you what to do or anything," Felicity mumbled to the other guest, "But while his potions are good, he only lives for himself. Be careful buying from this man, sir."

Felicity leaned against another table with a sigh, "You'd think you'd be more straight forward when giving someone a biology and mentality changing serum..."
    Last edited by Flamebird; 03-23-2021 at 10:41 AM.
    "I can't be proud of anything. I am ashamed of everything."

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.