Aiden chuckled and rubbed the back of his head with one hand, “Yep, that’s me, AJ. Though don’t mention the Knights to Mom. She thinks of them as something of a black spot on the family history.”

He paused to think, muttering to himself while Celandine addressed Felicity, “Pretty bold to make such a move amidst so many people. I’d be interested to know how the killer got their weapon past the door. Sounds like one of the chandeliers fell, so maybe they used that as a distraction?”

He looked up quickly as Felicity made her sudden departure. He looked after her quizzically for a moment. Then turned his attention back to Celandine.

“Celandine,” he repeated to help cement the name in his mind, “that’s a lovely name. I didn’t know my family was in books elsewhere in the world. Wait, never seen snow?”

The idea shocked him. Being from a tropical island, he’d never had the opportunity to play in it, but his parents had told him stories of playing in the snow at other times of their lives, so it wasn’t completely foreign to him. Where could she be from that snow was that much of a novelty?

“It seems there’s quite the hullabaloo going on inside. Did you want to go see what it’s about? Or would you like to learn how to make the perfect snowball or a snowman?”

If he had his pick, AJ would go for playing in the snow. Murder mysteries sounded like grown-up work and he was much more interested in being a teenager playing in the snow. However, he was not without manners and would defer to his company.