Wiping the tears from my eyes, I tried to control my shaking. I had seen a fellow wielder of ice lose his cool, overcome by emotions that drove his powers to boil. Then, he cooled down, sat down, and spoke to me. Ice? He used ice? Was he perhaps related to me? Questions buzzed in my mind about him, but I did know one thing...

I... I wanted to get out of here.

I shook my head, "No... No. I want to get as far away from this place as possible. Fast."

I pulled myself to a straighter sitting position. On my knees, hands in my lap, I felt my hair wrap me in an internalizing blanket, hovering over my face. I blinked, my eyes flickering between ice and normal as I considered where I could possibly go. I wanted to leave this town. I wanted to leave Scara Brae. But to where? What was so far away that I could escape this? Dheathien? Haida? Berevar? Lands that had became known to me through textbook knowledge and detailed descriptions, even pictures. Yet, I had never set foot in any of them. Before exploring the mysteries out there, however, I did know one mystery here. This man who had freed me used ice. Did the ice point to a deeper connection?

I lifted my hands. Pulling one of the loose, white sleeves up, I lifted my arm. I extended my arm, hovering it straight and in front of my liberator. Then, frost began to emit from my appendage as a coat of ice formed across my wrist. As the ice formed, I looked up to this man and asked, "Are you from the Icebreaker family?"