It felt, good? When was the last time I hugged someone? I mean, hugged, not restrained or choked out, but actually held someone without the intent to see them lifeless in the next few minutes. It felt warmer than my cheeks and the soaked clothes. That much was fact.

"I missed you," I muttered before the collar of my leather armor embraced my trachea. My hands left warm memories and clutched at the cold linen as I was dragged away.

My mind ran scenario after scenario of spinning around and severing the appendage behind me. Grabbing my knife, sweeping the legs, putting steel in someone else's throat. I kept thinking of the different ways to work myself out of this and instead, watched my feet flail like a guppy out of water. The voice cued a sobering chill down my back and just the one I did not want to hear at the moment. I fell slack, almost like a stubborn child, knowing all well that she wasn't trying to kill me.

Not yet at least.

"I liked you better whimpering in chains," I scoffed, arms folded before she shoved me toward a booth.

I staggered, stumbled, and caught myself between the backrest and the table. I looked up and as my dirty silvered hair parted from over my face, I looked eye to eye with yet another bitter headstone in my mind's grave of memories. Can't forget that ugly face, mask or no mask.

"Fuckin' you too?" I spat. No literally, a little spittle sprayed her way. "What's a guy got to do to find some peace and quiet around here?!"

This one I definitely felt needed to die. I shoved off so I could reach for one of my blades, but... where the fuck were they? I could have sworn -- Ah! There it is! As I felt the hard steel on the tips of my fingers, I slouched against another object. Looking up rewarded me with a waterfall of crimson locks and porcelain skin etched with black.

"Could you kindly, fuck off?" I repeated from the phrase I remembered from moments ago.

Instead, I was hoisted and plopped down across from the stick witch as playing cards slid my way. She did love this game with Diggs and Hedge. I narrowed my eyes in contemplation. Were they dead? I don't remember killing them? Or did I?

I shrugged and buried my chin into my neck, looking at the set of five cards in front of me. Never did gamble much. Knew enough to get by. I plopped my hand atop them and slid them off the table. One fell loose into my lap before I gathered it up into a messy array I could actually make out. Looked moreso to the others as if I were studying Fae hieroglyphics.

"So, uh..." I slurred, turning myself to Scarlet. "If I shoved that vial down your throat would you stop being such a cu--?"

The word stopped short in my throat as the tangy wave of chunky residue rose to meet it. Some rather moist and bubbly noises spilled out of my mouth, but I stifled back the lovely taste of hop mash and semi-fermented barley.