“We wouldn't leave Radasanth. I'm insurance, they made you a watcher just to get you out of there. I assure you, I don't run because I know it's pointless, not because of lack of effort. I don't need to see the bars to know they exist,” she replied truthfully. She looked about then forest and said, “They say a spider magi’s touch corrupts you with the influence of N’jal, makes you a living corpse. I wonder what that'd be like? Probably like being a hostage…”

“I’ve felt similar.” Scarlet muttered bitterly. “Let them come, I’m still not bothered by them.” The redhead paused, holding a hand out to Samantha before gesturing to a path off to the side, it looked like someone tumbled through there, broken sticks, freshly kicked up dirt. “Reckon that’s where she’s gone through, and in such a hurry too.”

Sam knelt by the tracks and snorted. Slowly she shook her head and spoke up, “I underestimated her. She was hoping we'd skirt so she could get out. That means one of two things, either she found the Dark Mother’s room, or she thinks she was about to be found out anyways. These tracks lead through the Spider Magi territory.”

“Good. That’ll slow her down.” Scarlet stated as she waltzed on through, clearly unafraid of the very real threat. Samantha raised an eyebrow at the cavalier attitude before she bit her lip and followed.

The trail moved deeply into the forest, and Samantha followed it carefully. She frowned however when they came to a small creek and cursed, “Clever little bitch. At this point it's a gamble. I'm thinking she might have doubled back a bit, cause we're reaching dangerously close to their nests. If we get much closer we're going to have to do a lot of explaining or fight...and I'm not interested in explaining to Jeb why I nearly got myself killed pissing off the neighbors…”

Her hand went to sword hilt when multiple tentacle like protrusions erupted from Amari’s back, they crackled and hissed and being in such close proximity to them made her feel a little nauseous. “A precaution.” Scarlet chided as she stepped into the riverbed, pointing to the other side. “More tracks- she tried to cover her trail.”

Samantha’s gaze travelled to where the redheaded was pointing. There were no immediate footsteps or broken twigs, but the ground looked like it had been dusted and a lone branch that could have done the job sat oddly over a hole in the shrubbery. Samantha looked at Amari, “You been hunting much? You're a natural at this, when I had to learn this it was a bit harder for me and I grew up in Berevar, to the north of Salvar.”

“Maybe I’m just lucky.” She quipped as she wadded through the waters, they weren’t deep, and only hit the girls waists as they made it to the other side. Scarlet spoke again. “I really hate the feeling of wet shoes.” She muttered as she did her best to shake the water from them.

Samantha carefully leapt across, splashing on the other side. She made a note of Lady Scarlet’s “luck” and continued forward following the trail. She grimaced before she spoke, “We're probably going to have to make camp, night is when the Magi get active. We need to find somewhere to hole up before they start looking for prey. Bad news means we aren't going anywhere fast, but the good news is neither will she.”

She followed the trails and shook her head, “Bitch has no clue how close she was. At least she's making for the forest edge now…” Samantha bit her lip and continued following the trail, it was less erratic, more measured. She had tried finding someway to evade capture and once she felt she was clear, had slowed down, taking her time. Obviously, this woman had no clue how willing Samantha was to go after her.

But was she?

She put up a tough front. She even said the words she knew they wanted to hear. She knew it was all platitudes, appeasing her captors and surviving, but how much was survival anymore? She could feel herself slipping, agreeing with the Cult Rhetoric, especially when it came to the hypocrisy of society. She had experienced it first hand, and it hurt to admit that the world did owe her nothing. However, she was determined to make those people who wronged her pay, and if it meant lip service to the Dark Mother for the freedom to pursue her justice, so be it.

Realizing she had been quiet for too long, she stuffed her bitterness back into its box for later. She struck up conversation with Scarlet as a distraction, “You ever have to do this for the Crimson Hand?”

“Multiple times. Although without all the bullshit underhanded reasoning and lies. Simpler, kill that person, done, dusted.”

“I envy you then, sometimes, I feel like arguing with a wall would be more productive,” Sam snorted. She shook her head before she stopped and narrowed her eyes. Kneeling she reach out and tugged a bit of cloth off a nearby bush, “Now that's just careless. I almost feel bad for finding it…”