Aynur was concerned, there were often times when Varin fell silent or went rigid from something. Generally someone coming in too close, or muttering the wrong thing, other times he had been the cause of a fall or trip. For someone so bulky he definitely was more the type to shy away. Aynur didn’t mind, she never usually did when it came to his silence. It was… peaceful, and she felt some form of unspoken bond between the two, words did not always need to be shared. But there was something amiss. The way his hand trembled in hers, the worried twitters that came from Arie, and the deep inhale and pause of breath. He almost seemed as though he were afraid. If Aynur didn’t have her blindfold on, she’d be able to read his emotions, but she also felt that often, it was an invasion of privacy.

Instead of pressing him, Aynur stood, pulling Varin from the bench with a smile. Deciding that whatever bothered him, she would do her best to alleviate it. “Yes, lets! I want to hear the bell chime, do you feel it may also relieve stress to smash something hard with a hammer?”

Aynur heard Varin snort, then snigger. “Yes, I suppose it would.”

His tone still sounded guarded, but Aynur was relieved she had managed to hear some sort of laughter from him. It always made her feel… what was it… warm? It was a pleasant warmth, and coupled with the golden hue that his aura took on lately, it made Aynur want to spend more time with him. At that, she stepped in closer, gripping his arm tightly as he lead her through the crowds. Aynur felt the leathery brush of his wing against her skin, and she knew he had wrapped it around her. That coupled with the warmth of his scaled skin against her own, it was comforting. "Almost as comforting as the orb of Alkieh." She thought to herself.

“I already feel safe around you, you do not have to do that, but I very much appreciate it.” Aynur turned toward the direction of Varin and gave him a warm smile.squeezing his hand tighter to show that she was just as much there for him as he was for her. She didn’t see his reaction, but Arie twittered excitedly and she could hear him shoo her away, to the point where the flutter of feathered wings tickled Aynur’s shoulder. “Aww, is he being mean to you?” Arie nipped affectionately at Aynur’s cheek.

Varin sounded indignant, defending himself. “She is the one who- ah...nevermind. Here, we’re here.” Varin sounded somewhat flustered, and it was as though the unease of the moments before were gone. “Did you want to try?”

“Yes!” Aynur nodded enthusiastically as she was carefully lead a few steps forward then right.Varin handed her a rather heavy mallet. “I shall step away in a few moments, and when I say go, you swing down as hard as you can, straight down.”

“Got it!” Aynur said, gripping the mallet tight. It felt like wood, and was slightly sticky. Varnish? Or remnant sweat of previous users. She was thankful of his ever thoughtful words and guide, with her blindfold on the world around her was black, but she enjoyed it just the same. Aynur swung high.

“You sure your...girlfriend isn’t gonna injure anyone like that?” a man said. If Aynur was being more attentive, she would have heard it, but she was too focused on holding the hammer tight, breath stilled in her small chest.

WHACK!

Aynur bought the mallet down hard, she felt it bounce off of something, but heard no ding. She heard a short whistle rise then fall. “Ahhh…” She said, exasperated. “How did I do?” She felt a rush, such a rush! That was fun! The heaviness of the mallet, the gentle bounce as it hit its target, the way her heart beat hard against he chest. Aynur's smile widened.

This was a fantastic day.